Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
46,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be a daft question.

If a dealer has a car that I like in Birmingham, and hey also have a branch in Macclesfield, will they generally be amenable to the idea of bringing it to the closer branch and selling it to me from there?

·
Registered
35,768 Posts
If it's a car you like in Birmingham are you sure you'll still like it in Macclesfield?

I'm sure if you pay a holding deposit they'll help you find out by shipping it to your local branch as they're moving cars around all the time. Our local Bristol Street seem to state how many cars they have In "group stock" for this reason.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
A lot of dealer networks do it, I'm sure they'll ship a Zafira people carrier with its Flex7 seating for you to have a look at. :lol:

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
If they are the same franchise they should be happy to do that so long as you are serious
about buying it.

·
Administrator
46,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do they know if I'm serious? :confused:

I've dropped them an email anyway.

·
Registered
37,746 Posts
Bad move from a negotiating point of view :tut:

They have pre-qualified you and will guilt-trip you about getting it sent 'specially for you'.

Amateur!

No pink micras in Macc?

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Erm.

:eek:

Local Fiat/Lancia/Alfa/Jeep had exactly the car for me in Paris and were willing to
bring it down for me. But on calling Paris they said it'd been sold.

I did notice the advert was still up on VoitureCommerçant.com, mind ...

·
Administrator
46,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They weren't willing to bring it up, and it's now sold anyway. C'est la vie.

There's a few others of interest about, it would have just been very convenient had I been able to buy it from Macclesfield.

·
Administrator
46,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did have a look at Volvo's. But they were only available in boring Silver, or an orange colour that made Mrs Bazza irrationally angry.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I looked at a couple a few months back just out of curiosity, one a sickly white, yuk, and a burgundy coloured diesel, double yuk.

And the interior with that numeric pad in the centre console, nah.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts