Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys,

if you're on a dark, unlit and empty country road, does it nark you a wee bit that car in front doesn't flick on to main beam when there's nothing else coming? I don't understand why they don't...doesn't every bit of light help on those sort of roads, not just for them, but also for drivers behind them?

maybe it's just me :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Just suggests to me that they are ripe for being overtaken ;) - of course as I do overtake they usually flick on the main beams...at which point I wish I had a diesel to drown thenm in black soot....:D

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I had a Person pull out on me on a country road and then proceed to accelerate to 45mph with only dip beam. So dropped it down and gear and sped round him and so did the guy behind me and the driver decided to flash his full beam at us! :S

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Just suggests to me that they are ripe for being overtaken ;) - of course as I do overtake they usually flick on the main beams...at which point I wish I had a diesel to drown thenm in black soot....:D
Some people take it as a personal affront if you overtake them. I now expect headlight flashing after an overtake at night. Can't remember ever doing it to anyone else :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I have the problem the other way round here. October to March seems to be High Beams all the time, anywhere on any road for a great majority!

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I hate people thinking fog lamps on country roads are good all the time. When your oncoming and they have full beam and fogs it's blinding I've nearly crashed because of this! It all boils down to no respect for fellow drivers.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Irritating for all the reasons quoted, especially if they're dawdling and holding me up.

It also seems that the more patient and cautious you are in picking your moment to pass the more likely they are to flash or speed up to make the move more dangerous!

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I've has people go 45 in a 60 and overtaking them and they've sped up not letting me in and I've got head on traffic that was far far away getting closer :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts