Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My 1st post!!! Not of many for help I hope.
A mechanic is working on my 159 2.4 jtdm 2006. Recently bought the car and have had all filters fluids etc changed. One issue we still can't resolve is the main beam not coming on. Anyone else had this problem? Proved so far its not the lamp fuses or relay... we could do with a wiring diagram... can anybody help? Thanks

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
A few people have had similar problems which they've found to be caused by the column stalk. Wires can break inside. I've not done it myself but apparently you can disassemble it and repair or replace the wires.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
It’s not a bad job, you will find 3 wires coming down the light stick stalk, one of these wires will be tight & over time has snapped?
You will need to solder an extension to the wires to give them a little slack.
On Re-assembly, just be careful to ensure you locate the stalks back in place correctly. If you have to force the case in anyway, it has not gone together properly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1 Posts
footnote

....just a footnote to this thread -I'm the guy that was tasked with fixing this problem - fault turned out to be the pivoted actuating bar had come adrift inside the switch unit - all better now.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
....just a footnote to this thread -I'm the guy that was tasked with fixing this problem - fault turned out to be the pivoted actuating bar had come adrift inside the switch unit - all better now.....
That was an even easier fix in that case :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts