Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Are both main and dipped bulbs on the GTV HB3s?
It depends, some are a combination of HB1 / HB3 and some are HB3 / HB3. There doesnt seem to be any pattern to it!!:lol:

Best thing to do is have the covers off an look. My Ph2 CF2 is all HB3 for example - but I have friends with Ph2 cars that are the 1 / 3 mix.

Typical Alfa.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the reply, i have HB3/HB3. I was actually wondering if the main beam should be HB4? lol, but obiously not.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
No, deffo not HB4 :)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
oooh hang on - I just had a brain fart and got my 1s and 4s mixed!

Some are 3 / 4 combos and some are 3 /3.

Sorry for the mis-info

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just looked in manual, might have been a good idea to have looked first, and it reads HB3 and HB3.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
People have put in HB4's on the forum due to previous owners connecting them, they connector is only slight different from what I remember, But yes, as the manual says, HB3 ONLY :) or HID conversion kit and you're laughing, Just don't be one of those annoying people in the rear view mirror with a slight blue tinge because I assume you're the Rozzers :D

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
People have put in HB4's on the forum due to previous owners connecting them, they connector is only slight different from what I remember, But yes, as the manual says, HB3 ONLY :) or HID conversion kit and you're laughing, Just don't be one of those annoying people in the rear view mirror with a slight blue tinge because I assume you're the Rozzers :D
Having been thinking of HID but not a fan of the blue light effect, will go for 4300k or 5000k bulbs if i get one.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,370 Posts
Damn, if only I'd seen this a few days earlier :rolleyes: just ordered new bulbs for the headlights and bought hb3 and hb4. Place I ordered from told me those were what I needed. D'oh!

What's the difference between hb3 and 4? Just connector or more complex?

Yep, a slight difference in connector.

Don't worry, you may have the correct Bulbs, mine uses HB3 and HB4 and before I get flamed I'll say right now that these are correct for mine, I'm not ( just ) a heavy handed hammer wielder.........

Can't remember which pair of Bulbs go where but I think that they are somewhere near the front of the car. :D

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I found out mine were both HB3/HB3. I should have checked, I now have a set of HB4 (9006) "Xenon White" bulbs, free to a good home.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Malc PM sent, Steve

Sorry ignore that, no PM.

We have HB3 + HB3. So clearly the same as yours, sorry I wasted your time. I searched Google images and the HS3 and HS4 look the same to me.

Steve

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
They're unbelievably crap, almost verging on dangerous. :( I think they must be quit a high colour temperature :confused:

I will have to look elsewhere.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Having been thinking of HID but not a fan of the blue light effect, will go for 4300k or 5000k bulbs if i get one.
I have 4300, which gives a nice white beam but look stock - best thing i ever did :)

M

·
0 Posts
I use 6000K which has a very very slight blue tint like Xenons.

4300K to 6000K is best as that's what is closest to daylight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts