Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few lines to share some experiences with the Magneti Marelli Tuning Kit With Remote Control.

I bought it because Magneti Marelli supplied the original ECU for the QV - so I figured that they would have the most knowledge on how to get the best from a QV Multiair engine.

The box is just like factory/OEM quality - and the result is that in my opinion it now drives the way it should always have done :eek:)

1. Easy install (2 plugs need to be connected)
2. No turbolag - pulls strong from under 1500 rpm (in D)
3. Seems to work well with board computer - so that range -km/l are still shown correctly (only measured/teated over 1000 km - so I'm not 100% certain, but it is very close)
4. still getting 14 km/l (in D)

I generally tend to drive in higher gears - so I can now go from third to sixth, because the extra torque just allows for a more relaxed driving style - power is instant in all gears (in D). You can also choose to use the extra power for driving fun, overtaking, etc. depending on your mood ;o)

For the money it is a great mod.

Best,
Kevin

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Sounds good. Do you know what bhp your QV's putting out now and how much did it cost you? :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Its 435 gbp + vat at TMP motorsport and gains are suppose to be +34 hp and + 50 Nm - i have not verified the gains on a dyno.

Best,
Kevin

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Hi,

Its 435 gbp + vat at TMP motorsport and gains are suppose to be +34 hp and + 50 Nm - i have not verified the gains on a dyno.

Best,
Kevin
Ok, quite a bit more expensive than the TMC tuning box then, but you get the remote fob which is quite handy.

By the way, i see you live in Copenhagen? My cousin has just moved there, but he tells me its way too expensive for him to drive there because of insurance costs or something?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Looked into this appears both boxes TMC and magnetti come from same factory! read American abarth 500 forums

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
yeah iread that, its about a million pages long lol... not sure what the actual dyno gains were thou i couldnt read all of it...

i think if you were only looking to remap then buy the marreli.. if you were planning on exhaust + induction kit etc then defo get a custom remap, as the tuning boxes are designed to work on the standard map only.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I agree with Towney as well - you need a custom tune if you want more power than the boxes give - not sure they can adjust with new maps.

Oh, and yeah cars are expensive in Denmark due to taxes a new QV is 33.500 GBP in Denmark - so the insurance follows and is also expensive - luckily the QV is a leasing car darling and can be had for 19.000 GBP with 20.000 km on the clock after 2 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
is there also a different between the D and N with the magneto marelli tuning box
i think a custom remap is better , but for the warranty the box can be removed ?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Yeah the box will change both N and D. Check my review on the spider box. Its been great so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Magneti Marelli

oke,

were can i find the review , do you have the one with the remote control with
3 standings !

i,ve still got factory warranty , so i thinks it,s better too choose for a box
when somethings wronfg i can take out the box !

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
What is important to remember is that i have been down the route of both remaps and tuning boxes now. My advice is as follows;

Just want a bit more power? Go for a tuning box.

Want the full works, exhaust, intake, hybrid turbo etc, pick a good tuner and get it all custom remaped.

With a box you get more power and drivability and yet you can remove it if you have any problems. Compared to a custom dyno remap my box is as good. Again if you want more then go get it all custom mate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello

i also buy the magneti marelli box with remote 0-1-2-

but i am not sure when you may switch between 0=1=2

the one siad only stationary the other max 80 km/h and another 120 km/h i als send the quistion too magneti
marelli but the don.t answer me

·
Registered
573 Posts
Not sure if this is allowed (sorry if not mods)

Have posted one of these for sale on the classifieds if anyone is interested

Happy with it, just getting a remap/exhaust fitted so no longer need it

£300 if you're interested PM me

·
Registered
784 Posts
Why is the tuning box on the 1.4MA on the QV a 2 plug system where as the 1.4MA 135 is a 3 plug system? Surely they should be the same, juet different maps?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Why is the tuning box on the 1.4MA on the QV a 2 plug system where as the 1.4MA 135 is a 3 plug system? Surely they should be the same, juet different maps?
i don't know - noticed they only sell tmc box on their website now (magneti one is still available for abarth) - where does the 3 cable one connect to?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts