Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still looking to replace my 156 sport pack shocks with like for like OEM shocks, but postage to here is a killer. Does anyone know who the OEM shocks for a 156 2.0 SP3 2001 are done by? Magneti Marelli or someone else?

Cheers,

G

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh forgot to add does anyone know which springs to get as eper has 4 different springs?

G

M

·
0 Posts
Remember the Sportpack has Bilstein shocks and lower springs as standard. The springs are made by Eibach I believe.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Magneti Marelli shocks any good? Boge?

Am getting told that BOGE shocks are replacement items from another supplier. Opinions?

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
I suppose money is the problem, but I would buy a set of Koni Sport Adjustables. Will work with standard or lowered cars and you will be able to get a ride that is better than the original as well as improved handing!!!.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I really think that you should try Sachs Sports Performance. They're a bit cheaper than Koni, and just a little more expensive than the Boge, but they are better than both.

M

·
0 Posts
The Sportpack suspension is good enough in my opinion. It does use top brands afterall and isn't using the "standard" Alfa stuff.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Just to muddy this one, I think that non sportpack cars handle and ride better than sportpack ones.;)

Sure, I think every one will agree about the ride, but I still think that non sportpack handles better. The sportpack springs are too hard and dampers too weak. IMHO, and the non sportpack dampers seem to cope with the non sportpack springs better.

Beware Magnetti Marelli stuff, though. They have a very rationalised range so that few part numbers fit many applications- often with less than ideal handling resulting.:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts