Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried it? They promise 200 HP for the 1.4 MA:
LISTA CENTRALINE TURBO BENZINA

Since MM is owned by Fiat and probably half of the engine equipment should be theirs, which makes this box particularly interesting.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There's a new Giulietta MA engine in there!

ALFA ROMEO GIULIETTA 1.4 MultiAir TURBO-BENZINA 955 A2.000 1389 135 159 ME110T ME199FG

·
Registered
114 Posts
Has anybody translated the disclaimer yet?
Pista only...
That's track only.
What else ?
MM reminds that the additional box is only to be used for competitive purposes, hence only on tracks, private circuits, on roads closed to traffic.
MM does not hold itself accountable for an improper use of the device, the user must always comply to the highway code and current laws.
MM does not hold itself accountable for possible damages to the vehicle, caused by product flaws or incorrect installation.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
35,769 Posts
MM reminds that the additional box is only to be used for competitive purposes, hence only on tracks, private circuits, on roads closed to traffic.
MM does not hold itself accountable for an improper use of the device, the user must always comply to the highway code and current laws.
MM does not hold itself accountable for possible damages to the vehicle, caused by product flaws or incorrect installation.
Thanks!
Pretty thorough, or is this typical?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd say that apart from point 1 it's typical. 1 might be due to lack of need of certification of some kind.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Remaps and tuning boxes are illegal for road use in most of the world...

Q. Is it legal to increase the performance of my engine?

A. As with most performance enhancing products regulations vary from state to state. We offer this unit under the "For Off Road and Track Use Only" and encourage you to check with your local state laws to see if this unit is legal for on road use in your country/state.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Im looking at a tuning box atm too. there is the tmc, spider or MM.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Novitec also, I guess? There is a HUGE thread about the MM box here:
Magneti Marelli Engine Module for the North American ABARTH

It's about Fiat 500 Abarth, but I think it's a MultiAir engine as well? Some problems with engine going into limp mode reported after some update from Fiat but looks it's already sorted out.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
500 abarth is t-jet i think. not sure why they havent fitted it with the MA. i know they do in their limited edition version costing 40k.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
500 abarth is t-jet i think. not sure why they havent fitted it with the MA. i know they do in their limited edition version costing 40k.
No. North American cars get the MA unit:thumbs:

·
Registered
236 Posts
As mentioned only the US version gets the MA - shame the MA is such a sweet motor

The limited edition versions (Ferrari & Maserati) get the T-Jet but with the bigger Garrett turbo

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Yeah i know who you mean :)

And yeah i know a few ppl who have had them. they are popular with the BMW scene. only heard good things but are fairly expensive. They claim they adap to having modifications also, so could still use with modified exhaust etc. not sure what im going for yet.

I emailed spider for a good deal but they basicaly said no and that they are already a good price. waiting to hear back from tmc for his best price also

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
MM tuning box? What does FIAT say about this? Surely we can now all buy this product and NOT be concerned with our waranties as this is a Fiat owned brand developing performance enhancing parts for Alfa's...

If there is one for the GQV I'm getting it, it would be nice to head to the dealer and just relaxing, not praying the whole time that they don't find my software...

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is one for the TBi - claiming 277 BHP. Quite a lot, more than the 4C :).

Still, not too sure about the warranty though... You'd need to ask the dealer. I'm through my warranty, so that's not the issue, just wondering how much improvement can be seen and how's the engine dealing with it.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
MM tuning box? What does FIAT say about this? Surely we can now all buy this product and NOT be concerned with our waranties as this is a Fiat owned brand developing performance enhancing parts for Alfa's...

If there is one for the GQV I'm getting it, it would be nice to head to the dealer and just relaxing, not praying the whole time that they don't find my software...
for track use only, and your warranty doesn't cover track use.... i think you would automatically invalidate your warranty

1 - 19 of 19 Posts