Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I have seen these for sale on Alfastumper and then had a look at the Magneti Marelli websites. Looks like a universal kit for Alfas and Fiats

anyone here has one and has experience with it? Interesting to note that it has a remote that one uses to set to "Off"; "Performance"; "Track". But wonder if is that much worthwhile and I would get similar improvements to just putting my 159 2.4 into "Sports" mode.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Being an auto box
I would leave it alone unless it's a custom remap by someone who knows what they doing as I don't think the auto box will last long.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
What about the Torque ?
16 bhp increase on a 2.4 is pretty dire so why bother. Nothing will beat a good remap, gus from Alfatune has mapped this engine with an auto so it doesn't cause any problems with the box. And I would imagine his power and torque increases are significant.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about the Torque ?
16 bhp increase on a 2.4 is pretty dire so why bother. Nothing will beat a good remap, gus from Alfatune has mapped this engine with an auto so it doesn't cause any problems with the box. And I would imagine his power and torque increases are significant.

Ah Gus lives a long way away. Difficult to get to and sort out issues.

Looking at reasonable alternatives and thought I would ask what real world experiences with this chip tune are on this site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts