Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening gents!

So I have had the usual troubles with my MAF. Flat spot, not very impressive rev, and for about six months an issue with sudden loss of power and delayed acceleration. This has happened more frequently lately. Diagnostics pointed me towards a faulty sensor, so I replaced it with a brand new EPS oem part (Bosch is just so numbingly expensive, more than 500 pounds new here in norway).

Drove around happily for a day or so, no flat spot and car more responsive. My mood sank when the red injection light lit up and car went in to limp mode again after that first day.

I did a lot of reading on here, as always, and decided to get the glove box out and clean the plug as recommended in similar threads. There were connectors a plenty down there, but none that fit the descriptions I'd read. I ended up disconnecting and cleaning the lot (disconnected battery first of course). Then waited 15-20 minutes for them to dry up before reconnecting. Lo and behold, error gone and car behaving great. As an added bonus it appears to have fixed my garbled gear selection display (the little LCD in the dash console). It has now been three days and I have not had any problems and the car feels better than ever!

Of course, now that I've written this post I expect it to fall apart or explode first thing in the morning.

Happy easter! :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Alfa's and the MAF a never ending saga! Glad you got sorted...

I had MAF trouble for the past few month's, replaced the induction system and a new MAF installed (Ebay) drove to Galway this morning and engine light comes back on , engine couching and all over the camp. Disconnect the 'new' part and everything goes back to normal idle.

Now look, I should have bought Bosch, but there is no excuse for these places selling dud parts that don't work what so ever coming out of the box, running a V6 is hard on the pocket and of course people are tempted.

Just sent the nastiest e-mail of life to the sellers, who I won't name. Don't want a refund I just wanted to tell them the parts for this are crap and to stop ripping people off with crap that doesn't work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts