Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having noticed a few poor souls on here having maf, or suspected maf problems,I decided to bite the bullet and shell out for a new one,The 156 v6 had been playing up over the past few days,The dreaded 5000rpm stutter! I got to the drive and looked at my 146ti sitting there and curiosity got the better of me,in its boot was a maf ,one i bought ages ago,knowing all manufacturers look to save costs by using existing equipment where they can i opened the box for a closer look, sure the body was smaller,but what about the working parts?, A few minutes later and i had both in my hand, identical part numbers !!The acid test was fit the one from the 146 to the 156 and try it, it started perfecly, so out we went for a test drive,it drove like a dream,free reving right up to the red line and smooth power delivery, now i dont know if they are all the same,but there is only one way to find out eh. dont know if anyone else has noticed this let alone tried it ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am pretty sure they are all the same. I read somewhere that the MAF for a Vauxhall Vectra is the same as for a 156 (but cheaper probably).

I solved my problem with a £25 used one off ebay. :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I am pretty sure they are all the same. I read somewhere that the MAF for a Vauxhall Vectra is the same as for a 156 (but cheaper probably).

I solved my problem with a £25 used one off ebay. :)
i just sold one for that on ebay about 4 weeks ago was it you ebay in the wifes name carolyn

·
Registered
46 Posts
wondering whats the difference between the 2.5 v6 cf2 and 2.5 v6 cf3 mafs
ie the sensor inside the chamber,,
bosch part number 0280 218 531 for the cf2 and 0280 218 054 for the cf3
are the sensors inside the same,, as the cf2 mafs are much cheaper than the cf3s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts