Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've cleaned those ^^^ but still jerking. It happens between 1300-1800 rpm. Did it with cruise control, with DNA too. I've done a dpf regen on the motorway. I've added forte in a full tank, had a small difference for 2 runs. Any clue ? Really need to control it, got a newborn on the way.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am guessing try the turbo hoses. Recently, one of my friends old Golf GTi had issues with jerking and hesitation when accelerating when the car was cold. They tried cleaning the MAF, replacing the MAF, etc etc but the problem persisted. They later found by replacing the hoses, the problem was suddenly resolved permanently. I know this may not apply to your G, but since both have some sort of forced induction, they may have similar issues when there is a leak in a hose.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So replacing all the hose, where about is the turbo located? I should know by now :( Is it a big cost?

Nor do I know where the tmap sensor is ?

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I don't know your engine. If you find the egr and follow the pipe work you will find the TMAP attached to the manifold.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Maybe easier if you took the car to a mechanic that knows how to check for leaks in the hoses? Also may know how to locate and clean the TMAP?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found the tmap. Just in a awkward place to unscrew. So got to get a few jubilee clips first. To check hoses, il just have to fork out the money for that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Firstly - excuses for my poor English :ermm:

WiFy's Volvo V70 had the same fault - and I tried to clean MAF, checked connectors, and hoses, without luck!
Then my neighbour suggested that I should try to spray (what we here call..) "Diesel Start Spray" on one hose at the time!
If there was a "invisible crack" in a hose - then the spray would find its way into the hose, and the engine would change "behaviour"!
And - guess what - when I sprayed on a small hose - then the engine rotated much faster for seconds. There was an very small crack on the backside!

Again excuses for the language - hope you can use my 10 cents!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts