Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering to fit Madeno Racing's steering wheel hub extender to my 156 Link. To get the wheel at the correct distance I would probably need the 60mm extender. But has anyone experience with the extender and can give an enlightened review of it? What needs to be done to mount it, is it rigid enough, etc.?

Thanks all

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
I don't think people aren't ignoring you or anything, probably most of us of us don't actually know much about wheel hub extenders in practical terms :)
(or in my case, at all :) )

TB

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What? I thought everybody had one ;) No, but seriously, the question is apparently a long shot, therefore my bump above.

But isn't the distance to the wheel a bit long in all 156 models? I remember the distance beeing too long in my old 156 2,5 V6 also. Or maybe it is just my arms that are not suited for the classic alfa style driving position ;)

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
The extender is just to fit aftermarket steering wheels, I should ask the question whether you need it, the Alfa wheel goes in and out as well as up and down, sorry if you have tried it but I remember an old Fiat Coupe meet where someguy was talking about his car and said it would be almost perfect if the wheel wasn't in his knees all the time, I asked him to show me, I then got in his car and pulled the wheel out, he was gobsmacked, he had been driving it for 2 years like that and didn't know the wheel could adjust for reach :lol:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Sandys, but my problem is not quite that easy to solve :). I already have the wheel extended to the nearest possible position towards the me when I drive.

The distance to the wheel is not a problem at all when cruising along, but if you want to drive more actively, then it is too far away.

It is generally said that when you press your shoulders against the back rest of the driver's seat, you should have your wrist just on top of the wheel when you extend your arm. That is not the case for me. For that to be true, then I will have the pedals way too close. This is the classic Alfa driving position...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts