Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys....

just wanna to find out more about madeno racing produtcs...is there any member can share the info or any comment about madeno products ?

thanks ..

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Hi Zero, welcome to Alfaowner. :) You should start your participation here with... Photos!!! :D You have a GTA so you MUST post some photos. :cool:

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Zero,

I had my 147 JTD 8v remapped by Madeno 2 years ago. Very happy with their service.
They make their own exhausts and tune 147 Cup racing cars ...

What do you want to know ?

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
IVO!!!! :cool: I could I foget to metion you... :eek: You should be here more time... ;)

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi guys ....

thanks for everyone help give me the info...

i am interested the tuning kits like re-mapped,exhaust system , suspension but not the supercharger kits...

i just wanted to know how well madeno know thier products and the exhaust system ..

i have fitted the novitec stuff like exhaust system & suspension on mny 156 TS but i dont like it..

i will try to post some picture of my GTA...

thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
zero said:
hi guys ....

thanks for everyone help give me the info...

i am interested the tuning kits like re-mapped,exhaust system , suspension but not the supercharger kits...

i just wanted to know how well madeno know thier products and the exhaust system ..

i have fitted the novitec stuff like exhaust system & suspension on mny 156 TS but i dont like it..

i will try to post some picture of my GTA...

thanks
i can only say why not go for Bilstein PSS9 suspension for ur 156GTA?? cant really go wrong... cos Bilsteins are indeed used in the official CUP cars...

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Zero, you should also check the Autodelta.co.uk :cool:

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi throttleman,

thanks for your suggestion but i personally dont like autodelta stuff due to they purchase or copy others tuners/manufacture stuff and brand it under thier own name except the bodykits...sorry to say that.however majority of the tuners do it this way like novitec as well...

thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
zero said:
Hi throttleman,

thanks for your suggestion but i personally dont like autodelta stuff due to they purchase or copy others tuners/manufacture stuff and brand it under thier own name except the bodykits...sorry to say that.however majority of the tuners do it this way like novitec as well...

thanks
Madeno Racing does the same thing. Selling stuf of Supersprint, ATS wheels, Sparco, Eibach etc. etc. Except for their rear exhaust.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi classic ,

i need to admit that madeno do have some parts is re-brand too but i notice majority of the parts is not re-brand ....from the web site, they do put the photo of the item like eiback,koni, sparco and etc.

recently,they have change a lot of parts to thier own design like suspension is totally different,strut brace is not sparco anymore,air filter have changed too. the supersprint "cat" replacement is very expensive to made plus is not legal to use on the road so is a wise choice to purchase other brand which has ready made.

for the wheel , that i can understand due to is not easy to design/made thier own wheel except you have the plant or very high demand like BMW...

thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
i understand where you are coming from... many aftermarket tuners do not have the economies of scale to SPECIFICALLY develop, test & manufacture their own products in-house etc... except for the few big mamas like e.g: AMG/BRABUS etc...

in tat case MAYBE u shld look at some of the Japanese exhausts systems tat are made in Full Titanium or high grade stainless steel SPECIFICALLY for Alfa... For suspension, IMO go for Bilstein and u cant really go wrong... there are TONS of arguments abt balance in comfort/performance BLAH BLAH BLAH... and is NEVER ending... to me the PSS9 is good value for performance and quality. No compromise.

its abt SGD3000 incl GST etc for the PSS9 coilovers in SPR... a good price for fully adjustable coilovers if u ask me. Frankly i regret getting KW coilovers... not tat theyre BAd... BUT still not good enough IMO.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi tron,

thanks for your info...

pss9 is a good deal.

thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
A member of our dutch alfa 156 club has a GTA with BSS9. His first impression was positive. One negative remark, the little comfort which the GTA had is all gone.

The frontupper strutbar which Madeno sells isn´t from Sparco anymore but Weichers. I´m not sure about their suspension kit, it could be their own. I agree that a tuning company can´t develop their own products. But they shouldn´t sell product from other brand with a high profit and pretending that these product are developed by theirselfs. And I´ve reall doubts about their BHP and NM figures on their website.

·
Registered
400 Posts
ClaSSiC said:
A member of our dutch alfa 156 club has a GTA with BSS9. His first impression was positive. One negative remark, the little comfort which the GTA had is all gone.

The frontupper strutbar which Madeno sells isn´t from Sparco anymore but Weichers. I´m not sure about their suspension kit, it could be their own. I agree that a tuning company can´t develop their own products. But they shouldn´t sell product from other brand with a high profit and pretending that these product are developed by theirselfs. And I´ve reall doubts about their BHP and NM figures on their website.
i agree wit u...

i think in the end its definitely on us consumers to judge wat is the REAL DEAL & wat is NOT... each "reputable" aftermarket tuner shld have their specific OWN strong points/products etc in order to survive in wat is a competitive market.. again i say its up to us to Seperate the marketing hype vs actual value of the product we intend to get.

so as a consumer, i wont hold back to criticise objectively any product which i find does not live up to its CLAIMED standards OR e.g: a suspension kit tat is OEM & rebranded with the specific tuner's name...

As youve pointed out, i find it pointless to debate for example "A" tuner's brand vs "B" tuners' brand UNLESS they are the SOLE SOURCE of the specific product itself...

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
THROTTLEMAN said:
IVO!!!! :cool: I could I foget to metion you... :eek: You should be here more time... ;)
I know, I know. Been very busy last 2 years ... but never forgot my Alfa friends though :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts