Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my renewal through with admiral, £1287. got on the comparison sites cheapest i found (with me old man on my policy) was around £1000.

got on to direct line (website) quoted me £650 fully comp with pops as a named driver.:D

SPOT ON!!!!!!!!! £650 that'll do me nicely sir!:thumbs:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm with Direct Line also. I was paying £550 with a previous company and now with Direct Line its £355!! More than happy with that. :thumbs:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Told you buddy... adding your pops has done a world of good. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm old enough to be pops so don't have that problem.

Just insured my Spider full comp as a second car with Admiral, they were half the price of Direct Line for an old git like me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yep, Dl are still by far the cheapest insurer up to the age of about 25.

I'm 22 with 2 years no claims.. ~£1600 for the coming year on my 147. That works out about half the cost of most other insurers. Oh yes.. you also get quite a few benefits (such as protected no-claims for vandalism, etc..)

Might shop around when i'm 25, but for now i'm V. happy :)

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah i forgot about this:eek: there was a slight problem with the original quote.

it seems pops wasn't down as pops, infact he was my husband:eek: :eek: :lol:

for my dad (not husband) as a named driver it went up another £250 but without him it only went up £120! as you can imagine the old fella was gutted:D

total cost for insurance: £770

yep, Dl are still by far the cheapest insurer up to the age of about 25.

I'm 22 with 2 years no claims.. ~£1600 for the coming year on my 147. That works out about half the cost of most other insurers. Oh yes.. you also get quite a few benefits (such as protected no-claims for vandalism, etc..)

Might shop around when i'm 25, but for now i'm V. happy :)
still pretty dear though.

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
im 21 driving a 165bhp saloon car ;) all about the post codes i suppose

although when i was 20 and just bought the car it was over £2k! in fact well over!

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I moved home from Uni my insurance went up over £300, and that was on an original £700(ish) quote. It's amazing how much of a difference postcode can make.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts