Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
after much consideration and looking at your comments I have decided to go for the GT V6 pre tax hike. It was a close run thing with the Brera Q4 but the space in the back was the deciding factor. My daughter is sprouting up and in a couple of years she would need more room. Both great cars but I just love the GT looks and it has a slightly prettier rear!
So guys need some help what to look for and what to look out for! Have seen a nice grey one and a blue one on the internet so far which look good. Dont want high miles as it will need to last. But as Ive said before will only do around 5000m a year. I will be buying early December with cash.
Thanks in advance.:thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
Good choice, the engine is amazing. I have a GT instead of a Brera for the same reason as you, kids!!! They have a really good sized and useful boot as well, it's amazing how practical they are for a coupe, a saloon without the back doors almost.

I would offer you mine but not sure if I have to sell it as yet (waiting for the comeback on a work situation).

Mine is due a service and MOT in January and tax in December so going to get them all done in December so all will be bang up to date. It's done 69k but runs as sweet as (just run in at that sort of mileage) and is packed with optional extras, its totally unmodifed at present and in lovely nick, if I do keep it I am considering a performance cat back exhaust and remap, just for the fun of it but they are plenty quick enough and sound great without. Give me a shout in December if you can't find what you want or are interested. I am only down in Nottinghamshire so not too far.

·
Registered
322 Posts
the gt is fantastic even my one that drinks from the black tap...

The v6 sounds lovely :cool: and smells rather better too

·
Registered
431 Posts
Great choice, awesome car sounds good looks good, I've had mine 3 years now and still puts a smile on my face every time I turn the key, fuel consumption can be an issue though if you have to use it every day, servicing costs not to bad if you use an alfa indie cambelt replacement can be expensive, payed £1000+ last April, still I'm planning on keeping the car who knows, future classic?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Check the headlining above the seat belt, window seals can leak leading to massive staining and even sagging of the headlining.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could I just ask about milage. How much is too much? 70000 80000 100000? I know these cars are going to be 8ish yrs old but if I want it to last what should be my upper limit?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I personally wouldn't go near a used car with 100.000 miles, id aim for a cut off of around 85.000, that's just my opinion and experience with used cars.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I wouldn't be fussed about mileage, I'd be more fussed about condition. I'd rather a high miler in good nick with plenty of history that's clearly been cared for than a lower mileage one that's potentially iffy.

I bought my 164 ts with 80k on it and it drove as well as I bought it when I sold it with 140k. The last I heard of it it was still doing okay with 160k. That was the nord engine, but the busso is almost as good.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just keep window shopping until you're convinced you've found the right one. They are out there, just got to be patient. I was lucky I bought the first one I saw and she happened to have all the good bits done inc. Q2 with 55,000 on the clock, but go look at a few and you'll soon spot the difference between bad and good ones.:thumbs:
Lots of luck...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am looking now and have enquired about a couple of v6s. Would appreciate if anyone has any reccomendations on GT V6s for sale.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts