Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, looking for recommendations for a decent machine polisher.

Before I sold my Mito (Tornado Blue) I gave it a good going over with Meguairs compound and a good polish by hand. It took forever but the results were great.

My Brera could do with the same to get rid of some swirl marks and bring the red back to life, however to make sure I get the best results I’m considering a machine polisher. For how often I’d use it there’s no point going all out on something as expensive as the Meguairs one, however some cheaper ones have very mixed reviews with some suggesting the motors burn out quickly.

Does anyone have recommendations for a good quality dual action polisher that won’t break the bank but will do a good job for very occasional use?

Also any tips on how to get the red back to gleaming for a novice?

Here’s the results of the last good scrub I gave it - before a winter of salt and grime.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Shine Mate ERO600. Thats what I am getting as its imho the cut in the price/performance area. But you wont do any harm with DAS6pro or Buff Daddy polishers. But the SM is overall nicer, be it size, weight, looks, cord length.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I bought one of these from Argos at Xmas....notice the price has gone up to £50.00 but still a bargain.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8647300

Never used a DA before, watched a few videos on Youtube and got great results on my flat black GTV which is a bugger and shows everything.

Important thing is to clean the paint throughly so buy a decent clay bar and lube and give each panel a good going over.

I used Scholl S20 which is a great one step compound & soft foam pads. Got great results.....if a panel needs further cutting back then use a medium pad . Best to start soft as will probably be enough .

Take your time and you'll be fine....really is pretty easy to achieve great results with a DA!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts