Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
23,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can legitimately use the word "literally" here.

I collect air guns and pistols and have a "range" for testing in my garage. I have a desk in the corner and have a 6 year old Macbook on it which I use for recording test results from shooting using a chronograph.

So - I was sitting at the desk loading a bb Luger which suddenly went into full auto mode (didn't touch the trigger) which sprayed a few bbs - four of which took out the Mac screen which, unsurprisingly, died.

I have since hooked up a monitor to the Macbook - fine as it works in mirror mode. This means I have the background screen and cursor but cannot access anything apart from changing the background image (right click) which works.

My question - is there any way I can make the mirrored monitor the main screen given I cannot immediately see a way to access anything?

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I read the heading of the post and thought I'd reply with instructions on how to take a screenshot on a Macbook. How wrong I was!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
From Macmost.com:

1.) Option + F14 – This brings up a “Sys pref” window on the 2nd monitor.
2.) Clicked on “Gather Windows” button.
3.) This brings up the Display Options. From there, click on “Arrangement” and then checked the “Mirror” box.

There was more text explaining that it does depend on your model and which OS X you are using.

·
Administrator
23,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From Macmost.com:

1.) Option + F14 – This brings up a “Sys pref” window on the 2nd monitor.
2.) Clicked on “Gather Windows” button.
3.) This brings up the Display Options. From there, click on “Arrangement” and then checked the “Mirror” box.

There was more text explaining that it does depend on your model and which OS X you are using.
Yaaay.

Thank you - now up and running!

More kudos to you for not mentioning that Google is my friend.

Seriously - thank you.

Paul.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts