Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Don't get me wrong I understand they are protesting, but is that a way to say look at me I am a responsible parent :confused:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Eddie - I'd interpret his actions to be "I'd do anything to see my kid".

I have a mate who is a paid up member of FFJ and if you understood the law which stops fathers seeing their kids for no reason other than the mothers say so, even though the father pays for the upkeep of the child you'd be drawn to do something drastic.

In most of these cases the law is an ASS! :mad:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I respect the F4J for what they are trying to achieve, however causing huge tailbacks on the M25 leading to Heathrow when people are going on holiday is not going to win them any fans.

They always get a lot of media coverage, so don't need to disrupt everyday working folk.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
We condemn these guys for doing this, yet on other issues we say “ooh if that happened in France, they'd be blockading the ports, why do the British always bend over and take it?”. :confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I respect the F4J for what they are trying to achieve, however causing huge tailbacks on the M25 leading to Heathrow when people are going on holiday is not going to win them any fans.

They always get a lot of media coverage, so don't need to disrupt everyday working folk.
I disagree on both counts - If he'd sat in the local park saying "I'm banned from seeing my son/daughter because my ex is moody" no-one outside of the park would know about it.

Disrupting the one of the busiest motorways in the world on the other hand has even made the Sydney Evening Telegraph. As a father, I would have been annoyed at the tailback if I was in it - then once I knew it was F4J, would have given him a toot and a wave and wished him good luck in his endeavours to see his children. Sometimes extreme actions may have to be taken to make your point - I'm sure he'd rather not be sitting on a gantryover the M25 on a Friday morning as well as all those people would rather not be sitting in a traffic jam. Good luck to him if he's doing it for the right reasons. (IE wanting to see his kids, rather than being an attention seeking ********) :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Sure I appreciate why he's doing it and wish him all the luck in the world.

Point is, in the past these guys have climbed up BigBen if I remember correctly, on top of a politician's house etc etc. Those acts got media coverage and didn't cause major disruption to thousands of motorists. I think they may have shot themselves in the foot with this one. I would support them normally, but if they made me miss my flight on holiday, or two hours late for an important meeting then I couldn't give a toss about him and his kids.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts