Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.8 ts 16v in the garage and it has a misfire.I have checked the plugs,leads were on wrong,cam belt set up,as it came to me with this problem and by the look of it some one had put a cambelt on it and it was missing bolts in the cam belt cover also bits hanging of where they should have been bolted on so.I have checked the cam setup with locks and every thing now line up and all the leads are on correctly but it is still missing.Does anybody have any ideas please as it is doing my nut in !!! :confused: :(
Thanks
Ted

·
Registered
564 Posts
the only time I've had a miss on the 155 was from the plug leads tracking and shorting on the coil cover. Try running the engine in the dark to see if you can see any sparks from the leads. eek!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you checked the compression on all the cylinders, may have a burnt valve. I had this twice and symptom was a misfire

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Daiblack and JackPJW the reason i know its not the leads is because i have swope my stuff onto this car and still the problems are there.What is this about a Lambda sensor,the cars only done 60'000 and has a receipt saying that it has had one already but i wonder if it was a new or second hand one?I am doing a compression test tomorrow night as well as taking the lambda off mine and putting it on this one but first is a 1.8 and a 2 ltr sensor the same ?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also when it is ticking over the sensor/valve i think it is the VAE valve makes a cracking sound i have swoped this over from mine and still i get this sound but the funny thing is it sound normal for a second and then back to a lumpy juddering engine .

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi there
thinking mmmmmm and the air temperature sensor ?

good luck wink
Jorge

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Nordic have you tried the ignition coils and modules :confused:

Could be one of those breaking down and causing yer miss wink

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did a compression test last night and i have;
1 = 170
2 = 0
3 = 160
4 = 170
so as you can see cylinder 2 is down,doh. :mad: :mad:all is clear now !!!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you do the compression test on No. 2 again, drop a some oil into the chamber (no more than a capfull) and repeat the test.
If you have a compression reading then the piston rings (or piston) are knackered, if no compression then it is likely to be the head.
The oil has the effect of sealing the piston rings to give compression,

Hope this helps

Ian.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nordic there was a complete rebuilt head on ebay recently about £250

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guy's Jon at Poweralfa is a good mate of mine and i know if i need stuff he will have it.Just waiting for the go ahead from the guy that owns the car to do the work .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts