Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls can you help

Fitted the chip I posted on the forum the other week easy job hardest bit was getting the old one out and the 2x 10 mm nuts off the Ecu and back on again where is you youngest son when you need him?
anyhow chip fantastic car going like a train until
Put petrol in it today tried 97 ron in it was fine all the way through to Glasgow met mate for a coffee and a chat

Came of the m8 and down to the roundabout and the car was lumpy as anything like it was having breathing problems just about cut out at times

added another £20 of norm unleaded to dilute then gave the car a good thrash back 26 miles

still lumpy on idle like it was going to stall

solutions please

Mike

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Check for leaks / splits in the intake would be my first port of call

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
put my old chip back in changed the Maf with my old one and then back again cleaned the plugs no oil or anything in the plug tubes
checked air filter clean only changed around 3 months ago
cleaned the thing on top of the throttle body as my mechanic said sometimes gets dirty
Car was running great with chip in now :-(
stalled at the lights in neutral like somthing blocking
choking gasping for somthing air or fuel
M

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
Pop your oil cap off and have a sniff, if you think you can smell petrol it's overfuelling. But that said, taking out a plug and look at its colour. If its black, again overfuelling.

Check your air filter for blockages, hell I hope your exhaust is okcould be collapsing inside (hope not)

Try disconnecting your lambda and MAF then see how it runs.

M

·
0 Posts
The fact the car runs ok at speed to me means it may be overfueling at idle. A failed pressure regulator not reducing pressure would cause that. It has happened to me before.

M

·
0 Posts
End of the fuel rail, RHS as you look at the engine. It has a little rubber vacuum pipe connecting it to the intake manifold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts