Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I read about this one ages ago but can't find it now. My 140BHP JTDm is very rough when starting from cold, almost like it's on 3 cylinders, it clears after a minute or so, but I also notice it refuses to rev when i's being lumpy. I'm guessing it's an engine management issue of some sort.

Anybody heard anything about this one?

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
It could be a dodgy glow plug on one of the cylinders. This would give the kind of symptoms you describe. Trip back to the dealer I'd say

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lumpy when cold!

My Giulietta which is petrol driven and the car is seven weeks old, is also lumpy when cold. Once it warms up a bit it's fine though. Haven't taken it to the doctor yet, thought I'd see what others are experiencing.

·
Registered
708 Posts
My Giulietta which is petrol driven and the car is seven weeks old, is also lumpy when cold. Once it warms up a bit it's fine though. Haven't taken it to the doctor yet, thought I'd see what others are experiencing.
My 170MA was doing that, theyve updated the software and its much better

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine has now been to the doctor and nothing showed up on the test, so I guess I'll just have to treat it like me when I'm cold!

·
Registered
8 Posts
We've been running on 98 for the last week, but this morning in 2* it was lumpy as. There is an update coming in a couple of months I believe, so will line up for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts