Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came to load boot of 156 S/W and noticed the luggage cover was all floppy. Thought the Mem-Sahib was responsible for not lining it up properly in the slots. But, no, it's not her fault, the thing really has lost all its 'retractability', and Alfa want c.£200 for a new one.

Is this the only option, or are they mendable (she wouldn't let me undo the Allen bolts in case bits of plastic & springs started shooting everywhere, and I couldn't get it back together again)?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
The price of a new luggage cover seems about right. It isn't cheap. :mad:

But before giving up, take a look at the inside of the springs mechanism. Sometimes, it's just a loose spring or a loose part, but if something broke (like mine did) inside, then you have no choice. ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it just those two Allen bolts to undo then, and then removal of the end caps? There's not too much going on inside is there? I don't want to end up with a bag of bits, unless Mrs Fox will look like :mad:

W

·
0 Posts
Load cover is nakkered in the new wrinx mobile...any ideas before I start to brea...err, fix it?

wrinx

H

·
0 Posts
I repaired mine after it did exactly the same thing, but it was last year when I did it and cant remember what I did, so n help there then.
I do seem to remember that there was a plastic bit in the end cap/box bit that had come off, I think I araldite/screwed it back on, it was quite straightforward.

So, yes it is mendable.

W

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I get the impression that the end has to come off for it to be retensioned....or somet :D

I'll have a play and perhaps do a "how to" :D

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Yeah, one guy said he repaired his ok, same method as you by the sounds of it :D

wrinx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts