Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, will a q2 fit my twinny? or if anyone knows of another lsd that will fit??? i looked at quaife but could only find for the 1.8 ts

cheerz

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
It doesn't. Wrong gearbox I'm afraid.. Its such a shame too as the Q2 is a brilliant little unit.
What is it about it that makes it not fit? Could a kit be made up to make it fit or on bit be modified to make it fit economically?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Isnt it just for the v6 gearboxes?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Nope I think it fits any 6 speed box petrol or diseasel except the 10v diseasel, pud should know, he has a masters in the Q2 :lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Yeah thats what I ment but didnt explain myself as per usual!

·
Vendor
46,723 Posts
What is it about it that makes it not fit? Could a kit be made up to make it fit or on bit be modified to make it fit economically?
I think it would just be too big physically for the gearbox. It is bigger than the standard diff in the V6, its a close fit.

I'll explain below.. :D

Nope I think it fits any 6 speed box petrol or diseasel except the 10v diseasel, pud should know, he has a masters in the Q2 :lol:
Alfa Romeo have "two" gearboxes, the V6/JTD box, and the Twinny box. They also use some other gearboxes, and the V6/JTD gearbox comes in 5-speed or 6-speed varieties.

In the 156/147/GT, the Q2 will fit:

1.9 16v JTDm (6 speed V6/JTD box)
2.4 10v JTD (5 speed V6/JTD box)
2.5 V6 (6 speed V6/JTD box)
3.2 V6 (6 speed V6/JTD box)

It will not fit:

1.6/1.8/2.0 TS/JTS (Twinny box)
2.4 JTDm 20v (6-speed Vauxhall F40 box)

I'm not sure about the 1.9 8v JTD, I think this car has a 5-speed box, if it is the 5-speed V6/JTD box (like from the 2.4 10v JTD), then it will fit, but it might be a totally different gearbox, it might have been easier for Alfa to use a cheaper gearbox in a less powerful car.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
You;d have thought they'd make a special box just for GTAs, pfffffft alfa cutting corners? Whoda thought it :p

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Pud your knowledge knows no bounds

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
You;d have thought they'd make a special box just for GTAs, pfffffft alfa cutting corners? Whoda thought it :p
You would have thought so but that would be too easy and save us from Q2 ing

·
Vendor
46,723 Posts
They changed the ratios slightly.. So the actual cogs are custom to the GTA. But the gearbox itself is the same as one from a 2.5 V6..

Pud your knowledge knows no bounds
I have a sponge for a brain. Everything I've learnt I've read on here and elsewhere, and picked up from the few Alfa mechanics I've used and spoken to.. :)

You would have thought so but that would be too easy and save us from Q2 ing
Alfa releasing the Q2 is the best thing they ever did for the GTAs.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Alfa releasing the Q2 is the best thing they ever did for the GTAs.
A men! :thumbs: :thumbs:

I am learning bits and pieces but there is just so much info:eek:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I have had the Q2 on my 3.0 V6 GTV 6-speed for well over a year now - it's great.

Alfapedz - if the quaife unit fits a 1.8TS it will surely fit a 2.0TS too.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts