Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
My best mate had his two year old Clio nicked last night (it's the ultra sporty model). Did the locks on his house door and picked up the keys from the sideboard. He heard the car start at 4am and dashed down the stairs, but the arsewipes had gone.

Another mate had the same thing happen to him a few months back. Four scum stole his daughter's Mini Cooper from his drive. The Police caught them 30 mininutes later, but as none of them owned up to the theft and the Police had no proof which one stole the car, they couldn't press charges.

:rant:

V

·
0 Posts
barstewards :vamd:

hope your friends at least get a decent payout from the insurance :)

V

·
0 Posts
Called them first thing this morning. They said they need 48 hours before they can respond. Lovely!
i wander if they would cover you if you said you needed 48 hours to pay your premium :rolleyes:

insurance companies are almost as bad as the car thieves

P

·
0 Posts
My best mate had his two year old Clio nicked last night (it's the ultra sporty model). Did the locks on his house door and picked up the keys from the sideboard. He heard the car start at 4am and dashed down the stairs, but the arsewipes had gone.
The cheek of it! :tut:

·
Super Moderator
44,737 Posts
i'm taking my keys to bed with me :(
The advice is not to do that. This type of crime is usually performed by very organised crime syndicates, and they are quite happy to use violence.
I can still see your point though, it more than rankles.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Get a big dog I guess. :(

This type of crime happening more and more :mad:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
The advice is not to do that. This type of crime is usually performed by very organised crime syndicates, and they are quite happy to use violence.
I can still see your point though, it more than rankles.
I keep my keys next to my bed, if any of these low lives want to come into my house ready to use violence then on their head be it :mad: They certainly wouldnt be walking out under their own steam :rant:

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
They are doing the same near dads. What they are doing is breaking into houses and then taking the keys (as most people leave their keys next the front door :rolleyes: ) getting into the car without having to damage or break into it. They have had quite a few cars this way.

So note to everyone do not leave your keys in a easy to spot place and also make sure you lock all doors and access to your house!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I blame the government for their total failure to crack down on crime and their policy of leaving our borders wide open, allowing many criminal gangs to enter from other countries.

A friend of mine had a Merc stolen in this way. Not only did they break in and take the car keys, but they loaded the contents of his lounge into his car before driving it off. Another friend was awoken by their scared young daughter at 3am who had realised that a burglar had broken into the house. Fortunately the burglar legged it when challenged.

Best solution to the car theft problem is to take the keys to bed with you and alarm the whole ground floor of the property. The criminals may not run when the alarm goes off, but there is a good chance that they will.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I suppose i'm quite lucky in the fact that the only road into/out of where I live has a police station right on the entrance :thumbs: I dont imagine anyone would be stupid enough to try anything here. I have been known on occasion to leave the garage door wide open over night and the number of times i've left the car unlocked is just silly :lol: Guess i got in the habit when living in the back of beyond in Cornwall

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
There was one of them police shows on the telly a while ago saying that this is the latest thing gangs are doing - break in, get car keys, swap plates to same vehicle/colour etc and then sell on :(

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
There was one of them police shows on the telly a while ago saying that this is the latest thing gangs are doing - break in, get car keys, swap plates to same vehicle/colour etc and then sell on :(
I saw that, didn't they say the reason was that modern cars are nigh on impossible to steal nowadays without the keys?

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
I keep my car keys on a little leather strap with a split ring on it.

The key ring is quite weighty and make a noise if you try to pick it up or remove the keys.

I keep it at the top of the stairs out of the reach of crims with the 'pole through the letter box' trick.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts