Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a lot of info regarding springs and shocks but not much info on wheel spacers for the G.

I've fitted 15mm H&R wheel spacers F&R with eibach springs and bilstein B4 shocks, no problems so far even with a full load over speed bumps :thumbs: + no rubbing at full lock.

I think now it looks like how it should of done from the factory (not silly low) plus it has a slightly more aggressive stance.

It annoyed me how high it sat compared to other cars + it doesn't look like a roller skate anymore LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
997 Posts
That is only 15 spacers??
WOW in the second photo of post #2 it looks like the wheel is "out" of the well.......

Good job!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That is only 15 spacers??
WOW in the second photo of post #2 it looks like the wheel is "out" of the well.......

Good job!
The front wheel just fits under, so no rubbing. I would say 15mm is the max for the front though. I could of gotten away with 20mm at the rear for a more aggressive stance with no rubbing.

Or 15mm rear with 12mm front for a more subtle look...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Looks nice, I notice you don't really have the rear camber at an angle.
Mines got Eibach springs on standard shocks and spacers 20mm rear and 16mm front.
:)

·
Registered
159 Posts
I also did the 16mm front and 20mm back after reasearch....at first it took some getting used to looks wise but it does look good..mine were from italcorsa on ebay roughly 125 and great quality imo.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Your car looks great by the way?those side repeaters are very easy to tint with smoke vinyl wrap and will match the front lights.i did mine.will try and post some pics for you

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
side repeaters are very easy to tint with smoke vinyl wrap and will match the front lights.i did mine.will try and post some pics for you
Good idea, never though of that! They stand out now you've brought them to my attention. Post a pic if you can. I will definitely do this, thank you!

Looks nice, I notice you don't really have the rear camber at an angle.
Mines got Eibach springs on standard shocks and spacers 20mm rear and 16mm front.
hmm I will keep an eye on my tyre wear, hopefully I haven't got too much negative camber on the rear as I don't want to have additional tyre wear. When I purchase new tyres in the summer I will check the alignment then.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I also changed my wing badges for vinyl decals which are same as orignal size and you can get in all different colour schemes from "i say dingdong".i removed old badges and polished surface then laid new vinyls down.make sure to take pics of where old badge sat so that your new decal looks right...been lazy today so no pics but will try asap.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Good idea, never though of that! They stand out now you've brought them to my attention. Post a pic if you can. I will definitely do this, thank you!

hmm I will keep an eye on my tyre wear, hopefully I haven't got too much negative camber on the rear as I don't want to have additional tyre wear. When I purchase new tyres in the summer I will check the alignment then.
As you can see mine has a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, it looks hugely wide at the rear. I see what what you mean by the camber.

Do you find an increase of stone chips on your cars from installing the spacers?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, looks great. Just a quick question about your side mirrors. I've got the carbonwing mirrors like yours, do you find that the mirror shakes alot especially on the motorway? Get the feeling sometimes that they will fly off while I'm driving.

·
Registered
35,148 Posts
The clips on the carbon mirror caps are separate mouldings resin bonded to the cap and I suspect the standard mirrors are more flexible. Mine have made a noise when slamming the door that sounds like they're not totally clipped in place. Beautiful piece of plastic though.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't noticed to be honest, however saying that when I'm driving 70mph+ the wind noise is noticeably more than my previous car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks great with the 20mm at the rear, I love the black detailing and especially with your car being red. How did you tint the side repeaters? with film or spray?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for comments...i used medium smoke film off ebay...just remove repeater easy job..take indoors and stretch vinyl over.i did headlights with same vinyl but in situ.looks very wide with the 20mm at back i know...ahem thats 8c red by the way sir.?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts