Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some lowering springs 4 my sud! can only find ones to fit 902a which i think is for a sprint, did the sprint use the same springs as the sud? i always thaught the 33 and sprint had the same suspention and the sud was different with its inboard discs!

·
Registered
294 Posts
looking for some lowering springs 4 my sud! can only find ones to fit 902a which i think is for a sprint, did the sprint use the same springs as the sud? i always thaught the 33 and sprint had the same suspention and the sud was different with its inboard discs!
My Inter Alloy catalogue lists

Sud all exc Gardinetta 902A 1972-1985

33 all inc Sprint 905 1983-02/1990

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I bought springs from just suds with a 30 mm drop a few years back and they seem to be holding up fine, and work well with the original shocks.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
theres some alfa 33/sprint springs (late sprint, with out board brakes) on ebay now which are listed as 905 if this narrows it down a bit....

as far as i know there are basically two types of front spring, (inboard sud/early sprint) and (out board late sprint/33) and it seems even the manufacturers get these mixed up...

in my experience a lot of the aftermarket sud lowering springs are different to the original spring (ie the front spring doesn't start and end in the same place as the original when you look down/through it) turn the spring so the top end closest to you is at 12 oclock...

....... 33/late sprint springs starts and ends in the same place "12 oclock"

....... sud/early sprint springs starts at 12 and end at quater past (i.e. theres a 1/4 turn missing)

iv tried avo sud springs and theyr the same as 33's, i sent them back as i couldn't get the sud to sit right on them without cutting 1/4 turn off the end (3 to 4 inch maybe)...

The only springs iv heard that fit exactly are the justsuds springs, ( i had a good chat to the previous owner and he explained it to me when i was having problems fitting the avo's)

one of the lads iv spoken to at alfa meets tried various set ups on his sud, he found the justsuds springs to be the best...

hope this helps, if not a little confusing :rolleyes:

and if anyone can add to this i'd be interested to hear what other people have tried, im about to try some near new spax i bought cheap, although they are specifically for a sud ill probably have to cut them slightly... ill check on the box today and see if they come with a number (902 etc)

if it doesn't ride properely on them then im going for a coil over kit (about £75) http://www.rallydesign.co.uk compared to about double that for justsud springs!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts