Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just read on another well known bulletin board you can lower the hood frame on the S3/S4 Spiders. Does anyone know how to do it please?

Chris

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Lower?!!! I can hardly get in the car as it is without creaking my neck!
Thats why I bought a hard top, has a couple of centimetres more clearance getting in the bloody thing!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right but fortunately I'm only 5'9" and don't have a problem with the head room!! I just noticed from seeing some pics of other S4 roofs that my roof seems to sit slightly higher over the windows.

Can I just loosen a couple of bolts and lower it a bit do you think?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I think there might be more to it than that.

If you lower the frame the material won’t be tight.

I don’t know if it’s possible, but if it is, you will probably need a smaller hood made.

Expensive!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I am not so sure about that. The roof is quite complicated, and changing it might mess up the seal with the side windows.
Post a photo of your car side on, so we can see what you mean...

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
It's a convertible, the roof should only ever be up if it is raining. Honestly I don't think it will be worth the hassle for what will be a minor effect. If you want a nicer roof line the optional hard top is actually quite smart.

·
Registered
365 Posts
What they said:confused:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your replies chaps. I don't think I will be lowering the hood frame now if it's that involved! Thought it might help with window overhang and possibly, with the loosening effect, close up a couple of very small gaps in the stitching at the back where it's pulling. Looks like I'll have to use elephant tape for now!

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts