Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys I want to lower my car slightley mainly for looks.

Are there another other options other than the

Eibach Prokit Lowering Springs 20 mm

I wanted to lower it by between 30-40mm (based purly on the me looking at the car and imaging it that much lower)

Im running 17 inche teledial's.

Whats the maximum it should be lowered by before you risk issue (tires rubbing when corner or whacking the bottem of the car on bumps, or perhaps even general handling problems caused by being too stiff etc..)

basically just want to learn about lowering from the incredible database of knowledge that readers of this site possess! (flattery gets you everywhere!)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Plenty of threads on here with this kind of thing. Run a search and have a read. There are varying opinions on what handles / looks best, of course... :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got eibach too but also cut to make it even lower like what you want (30mm lower than the prokit). Has to be cut to perfection or it will stuff up your suspension!!! Im running 18" rims and had minor rubbing on the rear but theres a part of steel connecting the rear bumper under the wheel arch i just knocked up flat with a hammer and done! no rubbing.

cons: my wheels are on a mass camber 3deg+ so my tires wear on the inside but easy fix getting non-directional tires.
bump stops and rear lower control arms get a good beating but nothing major.

Pros : It looks awsome!! and Great cornering!

If you dont like the idea of cutting you can also get them compressed by some susension places.

·
Registered
162 Posts
damn, i should have just got the 40mm lol would have saved me alot of hassle...

·
Registered
155 Posts
ive just fitted novitech 40mm lowering springs with 18" wheels. so far so good... i will have to see how the tyres wear in the next few months

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have u got alink for where you got the 40 mill novitech springs from please.

So in theory. if im running 17 inche alloys I should have no problems with a 40 mill drop??

Or can someone gimme a link to the eibach ones that drop it 30-40 mill.

On the usual supplier sites (alfist, gazzella, autodelta) I can find einbach 20 mill and some other one for 30 mill. but not the above.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i got my springs off neilied from here. you shouldnt have a prob with the drop ....i dont . check out my pics in my recent post my cars 18s and 40mm drop for an idea of what it will look like

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the V6 is different to the TS.

just from using the eyechrometer I think 40 mill is going to be pushing it too much.

Thanks for the link to the 40 mill novitech ones.

But do you have a link to a the Eibach 30 mill ones for GTV V6.

·
Registered
79 Posts
delboy828 said:
the V6 is different to the TS
Not according to the Eibach.de website - they list the same springs for all models (there is a change to the "kit" from 97 but it's still the same springs for TS & V6).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ive got Koni adjustable dampers and eibach springs, 40mm lower (V6 gtv) and no rubbing issues and it hadles like a go cart

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok cheers sorry but do you still have a link to the eibach 30 mill ones for GTV V6 1999.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts