Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly I'm new to this so bare with me. I am looking to lower my brera 2.2 jts and wondering which brand you guys have used and any recommendations. Also does the brera share the same chassis with any other vehicles being able to use the same coilovers as this. TIA

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I'm trying to lower mine at the moment. Because the dampers were changed at the same time the car was actually raised rather than lowered so be careful. I'll let you know how I get on with a revised spring later this week, hopefully.

I had the Eibach springs fitted to my last Brera but kept the original dampers and the car was lowered just enough. Looked good and didn't make it any worse over speed bumps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've just fitted eibach pro springs to my brera 2.4, kept the standard dampers, it's dropped by about 25mm all round clears my usual speed bumps as before and has no detrimental effect on the ride.

·
Registered
90 Posts
one of the previous owners fitted apex 30mm lower springs on mine. still using standard dampers.
looks a lot nicer, and handles fine

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a Saab 93 on 20s and its the same fitment so going to see how the car sits on them. I'm looking along the lines of coilovers as I'm looking at more springs can offer. Also I'm not a chav or anything, just felt I should mention that hahaa.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm trying to lower mine at the moment. Because the dampers were changed at the same time the car was actually raised rather than lowered so be careful. I'll let you know how I get on with a revised spring later this week, hopefully.

I had the Eibach springs fitted to my last Brera but kept the original dampers and the car was lowered just enough. Looked good and didn't make it any worse over speed bumps.
Are your new shock absorbers Bilsteins? It's possible they are not correctly seated leaving them sitting higher in the locating collar.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Firstly I'm new to this so bare with me. Also does the brera share the same chassis with any other vehicles being able to use the same coilovers as this. TIA
You might know, but even though suspension parts are same fitment, you do really want to get springs specc'd for your engine size. Ie, you could put a set of coilovers on from another engine size, but Spring rates vary between engine sizes and brera/saloon/sportwagon, therefore each kit will likely have the same dampers, but different springs. That's at least the case for KW stuff anyway.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You might know, but even though suspension parts are same fitment, you do really want to get springs specc'd for your engine size. Ie, you could put a set of coilovers on from another engine size, but Spring rates vary between engine sizes and brera/saloon/sportwagon, therefore each kit will likely have the same dampers, but different springs. That's at least the case for KW stuff anyway.
I think your right on that one alcooker. When I ordered my eibach so they needed to know for which specific engine.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Bilstein B4'S. Autolusso fitted them and I'm sure they have fitted them correctly..
Can you take a picture of the Bilsteins in their collar? Because there is a slot on the fixing lug the unit can sit high rather than fully located on the seat. I've shown Bilstein this problem in their design.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cheers for the help guys. put the 20s on the old girl and she looks unreal. heads do turn, just going to get some coilies next. do the 159 coilovers fir then / same chassis etc? cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts