Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me if i lower my v6 155 will i push the wheels out and run on the inside of the tyres. can you have the camber changed. so i dont wear the tyres uneven. thanks
and can anyone tell me were to get a full stainless steal system for the v6 with a cat pipe replacement pipe thanks great site what a help. ;)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lowering will affect the geometry a little but get it set again at a 4-wheel aligment place and you'll be fine...just keep an eye on the tyre pressures.

Check out the Alfaowner shop ;)

wrinx

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wrinx said:
Lowering will affect the geometry a little but get it set again at a 4-wheel aligment place and you'll be fine...just keep an eye on the tyre pressures.

Check out the Alfaowner shop ;)

wrinx
i rang the alfa shop and thay could not help me with the pipe.
what tyer pressures should i run on my car? thanks for all your help wrinx jeff

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are you? Haywards and Scott in Essex are worth a look for the pipe, i've only heard good things and Alfajack has just used em for a decat with success.
I have a Powerflow on mine and while i'm happy with it i'm not confident about recommending them, and they vary from agent to agent anyway. I get the feeling i was just lucky, or i don't know what i'm missing.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I lowered my V6 I had the camber checked and was told it was OK.
Although visually it looked as though there was more camber.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
mine is out (camber) on my 1.8. am having to get the geometry done every 6000 miles, or would that be normal?
is there anything I could get done to stop the tyre wear?
thanks.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wishbones and tyre pressure ;) Have you had the 'bones done recently....heck your pressures and possibly run a pound or two more than the handbook says if necessary.

wrinx

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
thanks for those Wrinx but wishbones are fine, just been checked. pressures are higher than usual 34 & 32.
noticeable inner wear on both front tyres after 6000 miles.
any other ideas please?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stop hitting kerbs when you park thereby knocking your tracking out :p :eek: :D

Sorry......tracking is the next guess but not sure why it needs doing every 6k on your car :confused:

wrinx

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Thanks Darling. will get that checked. ;)

no offence taken at the hitting curbs thing......... it would help if I didn't hit so many, :eek: and all the potholes too I guess plus the thousands of speed bumps we have down here.
will let you know if that is the problem.

weren't you even a tiny-teeny bit impressed that I had already had the wishys & tyres checked? (only from reading other posts btw).

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
As there are tolerances in the settings, perhaps yours are set within tolerences, but still unfavouribly. Perhaps a little more toe in would be wise to try to reduce the inner shoulder wear. Dial in progressively more until the toe in limits are reached or to the point the steering stability is compromised and the car feels a little nervous or twitchy. Keep a very close eye on tyre wear. Every car really does like slighty different settings. ;) Al least the adjusters will be free!! :D

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Debs said:
mine is out (camber) on my 1.8. am having to get the geometry done every 6000 miles, or would that be normal?
is there anything I could get done to stop the tyre wear?
thanks.
You start off by saying that the camber is out, are you having the camber reset every 6000 miles :eek: , or are you getting the tracking done every 6000 miles? :confused: Have you had the car lowered? Is it the inner or outer tread which is getting scrubbed?

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I guess that's what I was trying to say.. if the camber is out, then no amount of retracking will sort out the underlying problem :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts