Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap!!!
I just had my 2003 156 lowered today with Koni shocks and springs
all round. Its a different car now. Wow what a ride. Its much firmer but much smoother. Less rattles inside now. Its not cheap but its worth it.
It also looks allot better to!!!!!!!

I'll get a better PIC soon!!!! So exited!!!!!

JOIN MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!:inlove: :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Actually looking at your other pics it does look lower than it was,1 question though ive got sportspack 2 i belive with the sport suspension or something like that,does that mean mine has lower clearence than a non sp model? Cause mine looks lower than some other 156's?

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Sport pack suspension means it is lower by around 25mm.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh 25mm is the sports pack. I've gone another 5mm more than that due to the new springs. Ive still got a bit of playing to do with finding
the perfect ride tension.

·
Registered
460 Posts
gees m8,its a good job you dont live by me,there are so many speed bumps around here i have to slow down to 17mph or i scrape, i dread to think what another 5mm would be like!!!!LOL i bet shes cornering alot nicer now though hey ;)

BTW Gazza nice site you have..very helpfull ;)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Nice one Kutter. Your car looks almost identical to mine. :D

Now get those orange sidies changed for some clear ones. ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeh I know! I need clear sidies. I think I know just the place to get them. I only lowered it 30mm from standard height. thats not to bad.
I have speed humps in my street. No problem.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Looks good but how is the ride quality exactly? Rate it out of 10 compared to what you had before

I am definitely going to do mine. Just can't decide if to get springs only or complete kit as I'm a bit strapped for cash.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The ride quality is heaps better. If 0 was my starting point I think I would give it about a 8. but its hard to judge as I have nothing to compare it to. The Koni shocks are a must I think. The ride stiffness is adjustable.
But I have to say even though the ride is stiffer its much more smooth, less rattles inside, not that I had many anyway. And the handling is just superb compared to before. Not that its was sh&t anyway.

Here are some more pics!! Before and after.:D :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tell you what, you have to learn to read the road different when your car is a bit lower. Went to fast over a bumpy rail crossing and just got a tiny scrape on the way down. Hardly touched at all but its a lesson!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts