Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Lower Wishbone Torque Settings

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  tipo939 
#1 ·
Hi, I have looked for this on the forum but I couldn't find it. Apologies if I've missed it. I have gone through elearn and found most of the torque settings for the lower wishbone but I cannot find the torque settings for the two M10 bolts that go through the sub frame and hold the rear Bush in place. The one I mean is the one with the bolts, one of which is an M12 (I have the settings for that one) and the others are M10.

Does anyone know the setting for the M10s?

See less See more
#3 ·
Cheers Johnny, that was helpful. For information, should anyone else be looking for the torque settings, these are the ones I used.

Rear bush:
2x E14 bolt/17mm nut - 65nm
1x E18 bolt/18mm nut - 120nm +90°

Front bush:
2x 21mm bolts - 170nm (!!) + 45°

Damper lower bolt:
1x E18 bolt/21mm nut - 50nm +90°

Balljoint nut:
1x 21mm nut - 90nm

The best guide I found was one on Alfaworkshop, did the job without removing anything for access (apart from the wheel of course!).

Replacing The Front Lower Wishbone On An Alfa 159/Brera/Spider

Took me about 2hr 30 mins a side including tidying up. :D

#5 ·
Cheers Johnny, that was helpful. For information, should anyone else be looking for the torque settings, these are the ones I used.

Rear bush:
2x E14 bolt/17mm nut - 65nm
1x E18 bolt/18mm nut - 120nm +90°

Front bush:
2x 21mm bolts - 170nm (!!) + 45°

Damper lower bolt:
1x E18 bolt/21mm nut - 50nm +90°

Balljoint nut:
1x 21mm nut - 90nm

The best guide I found was one on Alfaworkshop, did the job without removing anything for access (apart from the wheel of course!).

Replacing The Front Lower Wishbone On An Alfa 159/Brera/Spider

Took me about 2hr 30 mins a side including tidying up. :D
Hi, thanks for the torque settings, really appreciated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.