Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace mine, I think it is akin to a wafer thin mint and if you have a new or second hand one lying around please do get in touch.

Thanks

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
acquired one from Italy for £30, rust free thankfully, do I have to take the bumper off to change it over?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
acquired one from Italy for £30, rust free thankfully, do I have to take the bumper off to change it over?
I'm pretty sure that Autobritalia who changed mine (along with the oil cooler and pipes) left the bumper alone.

Give Ian a call, he'll advise you. 01227 750362 Mon-Fri 0800-1700.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Italy is the place to get them from....all the British ones are shot to pieces.
I managed to get one, along with oil cooler and pipes whiles down there on holiday in 2014...from a 1999 V6...just like new.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure that Autobritalia who changed mine (along with the oil cooler and pipes) left the bumper alone.

Give Ian a call, he'll advise you. 01227 750362 Mon-Fri 0800-1700.
Much appreciated, my next challenge is the xenon headlight level seniors, the little "lever" that connects to the chassis is missing, can they be fabricated or is it 2nd hand ones when they come up?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have goofed and ordered a rad bracket for a 2.4 diesel, if anyone has one please let me know

·
Registered
211 Posts
Need to replace mine, I think it is akin to a wafer thin mint and if you have a new or second hand one lying around please do get in touch.

Thanks
I just had the radiator replaced yesterday. While the radiator was shot, the bigger problem was this lower mounting bracket (I think this is the piece that the oil cooler pipes are also attached to) had rusted through. My mechanic said Alfa have them on one week delivery, so with my permission, cut the end pieces off the old part and welded an extra piece to each for support, and re-attached them That gave him two solid mountings to attach the radiator to. The oil cooler pipes have very little play in them, and he found a convenient spot to tie them to. He reckons eventually I'll need a new mounting, but in the short term this was a quick and easy fix that has got me back on the road. I think Alfa are quoting around 125 GBP for the mounting so I'll be scouring Ebay Italia for a 30 GBP part. It was the one week delivery that put me off rather than the cost. I need the car now and it was not holding any coolant.

We also found why the AC was not working, the AC condenser is shot. Again, this is at least a one week wait, and even then there's no guarantee the problem doesn't lie in the compressor or other parts of the system. I'll have to live without AC, but seriously, this is England !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts