Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just popped up on the dash. I toggled to My Car and all the four tyres show the correct pressure level, but one of the values is yellowed. And the warning won't reset.
Is there a way to manually make teh warning disappear?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This just popped up on the dash. I toggled to My Car and all the four tyres show the correct pressure level, but one of the values is yellowed. And the warning won't reset.
Is there a way to manually make teh warning disappear?
There's no manual way. Just go for a ride, it will automatically reset after a few minutes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same thing a couple of weeks back on a cold morning I do 20 miles of motorway driving to get to work by the time I arrived I had reset its self

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
I had my winter tyres put on my rims and had the warning pop up. It went off after a few miles. Unfortunately when I got back none of the pressures were right so I inflated them to what they ought to have been!!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I had my winter tyres put on my rims and had the warning pop up. It went off after a few miles. Unfortunately when I got back none of the pressures were right so I inflated them to what they ought to have been!!
Likewise

Andy

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it’s been 3 days now and the warning is still on. As before - all values seem to be correct in the “Car” menu of the infotainment but one of them is yellowed

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Well, it’s been 3 days now and the warning is still on. As before - all values seem to be correct in the “Car” menu of the infotainment but one of them is yellowed
Try over-inflating the affected tyre by 0.2 bar and driving a few hundred metres.

Amber warning should go off. Then deflate the tyre to the correct value. Go by a gauge rather than the values in the 'Car' screen as those take a distance to update.

Andy

·
Registered
243 Posts
Have you checked what the actual pressures are with a proper gauge rather than what the display is telling you?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I inflated the tyre to the recommended pressure (2.3 Bar) and the light was still on. I had to inflate to 2.4 Bar for the warning to disapper.
I deicded to inflate all four tyres to 2.4 Bar to balance things out and have been driving like that ever since.

In the morning (cold) all four indicate 2.3 Bar but when they're warmed up they shift to 2.4 Bar.

I wonder if I should deflate by 0.1 Bar so that they show 2.2 Bar cold and 2.3 warmed up?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
So I inflated the tyre to the recommended pressure (2.3 Bar) and the light was still on. I had to inflate to 2.4 Bar for the warning to disapper.
I deicded to inflate all four tyres to 2.4 Bar to balance things out and have been driving like that ever since.

In the morning (cold) all four indicate 2.3 Bar but when they're warmed up they shift to 2.4 Bar.

I wonder if I should deflate by 0.1 Bar so that they show 2.2 Bar cold and 2.3 warmed up?
A TPMS warning is not a good enough reason to have the tyres inflated to anything other than the recommended pressures which I believe to be 2.4 front 2.2 rear for all Giulia versions when cold.

I assume you are using a good quality hand gauge for getting the pressures right.

Andy

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A TPMS warning is not a good enough reason to have the tyres inflated to anything other than the recommended pressures which I believe to be 2.4 front 2.2 rear for all Giulia versions when cold.

I assume you are using a good quality hand gauge for getting the pressures right.

Andy
Actually - the petrol station's (Shell) air/water column with the digital gauge...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Actually - the petrol station's (Shell) air/water column with the digital gauge...
That should be trustworthy, though my practice for years has been to keep a gauge and an electric pump in each of my cars just in case.

If the TPMS readout continues to show amber when you are confident the tyres are at the correct pressure, particularly if it's just one wheel affected, you are likely to have a warranty defect.

Perhaps, the TPMS sensor in the wheel affected is defective or perhaps the alarm threshold in an ECU, I'd guess the BCM, is wrongly set.

Good luck,

Andy

·
Registered
235 Posts
Andy
I keep seeing posts stating fronts > rears. Am I going mad? My Veloce has 225/45 R18 fronts, 255/40 R18 rears. My interpretation of the manual leads me to generally have 2.1 bar front, 2.4 rear. Image (non Q) from the manual.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,908 Posts
I have the same.....
From the manual I get (cold) between 2.0 and 2.4 Front, and between 2.2 and 2.6 rear, according to load/speed
So in general I have 2.2 front, 2.4 rear.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I keep seeing posts stating fronts > rears. Am I going mad? My Veloce has 225/45 R18 fronts, 255/40 R18 rears. My interpretation of the manual leads me to generally have 2.1 bar front, 2.4 rear. Image (non Q) from the manual.
Whoops I was in error!

Quadrifoglio is 2.4 front 2.2 rear (and up to 2.9 front and rear full load), but other versions are as @matkinson reports. Sorry for confusion.

Andy

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I thought this was corrected but it started doing it again - same tyre.

For clarity - the car is a Stelvio (I just "cheated" by posting on the Giulia forums in order to get more oinions).

So the manual says recommended pressure is 2.3 Bar for each tyre. Once again, the level shown in the "Car" widget is 2.3 Bar for that tyre (and in fact all four tyres show 2.3 Bar), yet, the rear right tyre is yellowed and the warning is coming on the dash too.

Confused...

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Slight thread drift if I may. So you set your tyre pressures in June, its 24 C. Do you expect the cold tyre pressures to remain the same in Nov when its 8C? They wont be. I have always checked and adjusted my tyre pressures several times during the course of the year as the ambient temperature will affect your base tyre pressures. I have a good quality tyre inflater I use, I dont trust filling station ones and I have never had tyre pressures adjusted correctly by any service station or tyre shop, the car even came brand new with tyre pressures all over the place.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts