Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh. That is very terrible.

·
Registered
33,779 Posts
Apparently “The story goes that the chairman of bodywork company (Carrozzeria, if you’re talking it up) Boneschi, Paola Pezzaglia, was caught in a thunderstorm in Spain with Fiat boss Mr Agnelli and, having a captive audience, talked him into commissioning a prototype coupe based on the same platform, with a view to mass production. The rain subsided, Agnelli escaped, and Boneschi built this thing.”

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let’s skip that ghastly coupe.

Thesis. Crash safety.

Can’t protect? Can’t be premium.

·
Registered
33,779 Posts
Thesis was unsafe?
I think this car was autoBlu. There’s a built-in phone and controls for a siren etc in the centre console.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My mistake.

Thema. Chroma based?

·
Registered
7,190 Posts

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Only if it's full of lovely ladies dressed up for their hen night...

·
Registered
14,609 Posts

1. Better than the coupe by Boneschi
    That's a shocker. I'm somehow reminded of the Bertone Volvo 780 coupe (that the bastards never sold here) that attempted something similar with much more success.

·
Registered
33,779 Posts
I remember being in Turin when matte black Thesis prototypes were driving around and they couldn’t disguise those dramatic tail lamps! What a car. An Italian friend said his wife didn’t want one in Rome though because they were all autoBlu and she didn’t want people wondering who she might be.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I’d love one.....if for no other reason than the super-cool centre control pad. How very Bond-esque.

I nearly bought one instead of my plain, bog-standard 3.2 version......but the whole armoured bit weighs a tonne ( or 2.5 tonnes, to be more precise ). Couldn’t really justify it.....just to play with the buttons 🙃

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does that have Alfa’s V6? Could be unique way to get behind a Busso :cool:

·
Registered
33,779 Posts
It’s a Busso and the floorpan is related to the 166 according to a friend who worked at Bertone very closely with Lancia and Alfa.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts