Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So thought I would do a thread on what people love, loathe and hate about owning an GTA? Kind of a follow-on from my other thread about asking 'how rapid is a GTA' as we're all in agreement that owning a GTA is not about outright speed :thumbs:

So i'll start...

Love

The sense of occation when you fire her up and hear that lovely, rumble, bark or burble :)
How she looks, 147 and 156 look just perfect with the added :mad: of the bodykits :cool:
How comfy they are and how they addapt to being a 'grand tourer' perfectly :)

Loathe

I loathe the fuel consumption, but I was expecting it hence why it's not in the hate :thumbs:

Hate

That shocking turning circle, it has caught me out a few times now and really is a PITA!

M

·
0 Posts
I love...pulling back the cover after 3 weeks of not seeing her....this moment makes me giddy like when you meet the eyes of a girl on a first date.
I love the smell of the high grade leather.
I love the modern conveniences, and the fact that Alfa 'knew' when to stop regards these.
I love the start up cycle....key in, onto MAR, clutch depressed, neutral selected...and then that final turn of the key
The presence, the power, the sound, the way she 'talks' to you from her engine and chassis, the admiring glances, the way she makes 'me' feel.

I loathe the parts prices and some of the seemingly unnecessarily regular parts changes required to keep her at 100%

I hate the RFL banding.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Love
The sound of the Busso V6 with the Wizrdovoz exhaust and the general smoothness and ease of drive..

Loathe
The fact it's an 8 year old Alfa, which means it constantly seems to need work doing.

Hate
The fact i have to tell myself "It's just a car" to stop me racking up credit card debt on improvements/upgrades and fuel!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts