Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: :rant:
Major rant time
I had to go to London this week for a seminar so as I was going I decided to drive so I could collect some materials from Watford on the way back.
Paid my congestion charge for using the roads in Our capital £16.00 for 24hrs, whizzed down to the smoke on Tuesday dinner, got to my hotel at 2.40pm and parked outside, ticket cost = £1.00 per 20 mins so I paid £4 to take me to 4pm which I thought would give me enough time to unload my bags and then I would take it to the NCP (evening charge £31.00)
As I checked in the concierge told me that if I paid up on the meter till 6.30pm I would be able to leave the car for free until 8.30 the next morning, went to my room, unpacked and made my way back down to fill the meter.........this is where it turned ugly, a bl**dy £40.00ticket!! I checked my watch and then the ticket from the meter? my watch was 2 mins behind the ticket inside the car and the fine had been issued 1 yes 1 chuffing minute past 4pm, angrily I paid the extra £8 till 6.30 and went to the theatre.
The next morning I put the car in the NCP for the 4 hours I would be in the city and still sulking from the previous ticket went of to my seminar, I returned at 12.30pm and popped the ticket in the pay machine:cry: £27.50 for 4 hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I paid and got out of London as soon as I could, you tell me why anyone would ever come to visit our great capital???

I will not be driving to London ever again, BORIS what is this doing for the small business in Westminster? why ask? you don't care!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
My decorator mate did a job in central london last year . With congestion charge cost of fuel and parking his client paid out £3300 to get him and his van to work.

Totally nuts .:rant:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts