Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ppl,

I am just about to purchase a loud link and noticed there are two different models. One of the models has aux and is more expensive.

Can someone tell me the difference between the two units please. I guess the aux is to plug in another external device??

Thanks in advance

Russ

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
The Aux version is new. It has a 3.5mm stereo jack (Aux-In) socket on it, as well as the SD card slot. The original just had the SD slot. Presumably, you can now use the Aux-In socket to play from an exteral MP3 device.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh thats fantastic. I'll order the aux version.

Thanks for the reply... as always, still the best forum on the planet!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
You should send them an e-mail to check first, just to make sure, but that's what it looks llike. I have the original version and there's no Aux-In socket on that. I don't know how/whether you can control the external device from the ICS, though. Where's Arnold? :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have been reading through various threads and have found something called the Mvisto system that also outputs divx for movies and it looks amazing once it's installed. Is this something that will simply "plug-in" using the existing cd changer cable, or does the ics have to come out etc??

i have seen the other thread that shows pin out schematics but i got a liitle lost in the thread and don't know if it's specific to Mvisto.

I see another member has this system installed but im not very good at electronics tbh

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
The CD changer is audio only.

The video signal comes from an input designed for the NAV system. The pinouts are on AO somewhere (I have a diagram and tech details on my home PC) but it necessitates the removal of the ICS to connect any such equipment up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ics aux plug

hi there;
just came accross your posted message regarding the aux input for audio/video on alfa 166 ics,it would be nice if i could use your help just for audio input please,,

thanx a lot

·
Registered
36 Posts
hi did you but the loudlink, im considering buying one for my 147, just want to know do i have to buy the satnav aerial wire for it too. thank you

·
Registered
106 Posts
You should send them an e-mail to check first, just to make sure, but that's what it looks llike. I have the original version and there's no Aux-In socket on that. I don't know how/whether you can control the external device from the ICS, though. Where's Arnold? :D

Tony, how you finding the Loulink?

I've got a 147 with the Blaupunkt cd changer in the boot, but it skips all day long with slightest of bumps/vibrations. How did you wire it up?

I'm wondering if i can replace the CD changer and yet utilise the existing wiring in the boot, i.e install the loudlink in the boot?

I've also seen this...which i thought might work, what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150394300000&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/URL]

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
You're CD player shouldn't be skipping that badly. My wife has a 147 2.0 TS with the 10 disc Blaupunkt unit factory fitted into the holder on the boot floor and I've never heard it skip once.

I think that if you want to install the loudlink you simply unplug the leads going into your CD changer and plug them into the loudlink. When you switch to CD changer on the head unit it then plays your loudlink.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts