Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all , first of all i would like to thank the lot of you. This forum is by far the most helpfull alfa database. congrats!

Here i go .. i recently bought a 156 JTDm 16v and the Motor control system failure came up , took it to the the local afla dealer and they put it on the examinar in front of me , and the turbo pressure was wayyy low around 900 . turned off the error code and on hard acceleration the MCSF turned on again.

i drove the car for about 2weeks really slowly and the MCSF turned of by itsself "sweet" so i put the pedal into the ground and sure enouf the MCSF cam back , btw the car cant go over 120KM even if you drop to 3rd gear "six speed gearbox btw"

all thoughts are welcome

*help* :cry:

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Hey all , first of all i would like to thank the lot of you. This forum is by far the most helpfull alfa database. congrats!

Here i go .. i recently bought a 156 JTDm 16v and the Motor control system failure came up , took it to the the local afla dealer and they put it on the examinar in front of me , and the turbo pressure was wayyy low around 900 . turned off the error code and on hard acceleration the MCSF turned on again.

i drove the car for about 2weeks really slowly and the MCSF turned of by itsself "sweet" so i put the pedal into the ground and sure enouf the MCSF cam back , btw the car cant go over 120KM even if you drop to 3rd gear "six speed gearbox btw"

all thoughts are welcome

*help* :cry:
First thing to check would be all the high pressure hoses leading from the turbo... There were a number of cases where there was a leak/split in the rubber hose, opening up under pressure...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gave it a once over with my hand while the engine was running to see if i could feel enything at places i cant see , nop nothing i noticed .

the thing is when the car starts cold there is more power and the more you push it the less it gives out to the point were it feels your driving a 1.9D not Turbo D

there is litrally no turbo pressure there

how can i tell if its in limp mode , heheeh how can i fix this problem :rant:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the best part is that all this happend 2hours after my car went for a full service at the local alfa dealer , changed belts and all 60K

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
gave it a once over with my hand while the engine was running to see if i could feel enything at places i cant see , nop nothing i noticed .

the thing is when the car starts cold there is more power and the more you push it the less it gives out to the point were it feels your driving a 1.9D not Turbo D

there is litrally no turbo pressure there

how can i tell if its in limp mode , heheeh how can i fix this problem :rant:
If it's running stationary, there's no turbo pressure and hence, if it's a crack in one of the rubber hoses, no leakage. It will only open up and vent unter pressure, i.e. accelaration. You'd have to look very closely and/or bend the rubber tubing to see if anything opens up....

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
if it happened just after a major service just take it back and politely tell them they broke your baby!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
say there is a leak in one hose, does that explain the 900 turbo pressure and lack of power and MCSF and my anger ? :p

and then what , change hose and all is well ? hope so

any other ideas

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i did marko , they said "ohh must be the turbo time to get it changed"

:cry: :cry:

funny people i must say

could my MAF be to blame ?

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
say there is a leak in one hose, does that explain the 900 turbo pressure and lack of power and MCSF and my anger ? :p

and then what , change hose and all is well ? hope so

any other ideas
Yep, 2 hoses, one from turbo to intercooler, other from intercooler to inlet...

Other problem could be the airmass meter ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts