Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i lost drive today and got towed home and checked the drives, the drive is going round
but not moving at the hub. the cv joint is gone:rant:
i will order a new one in the morning and have it in my hand that evening.
that thing to do on the ever ending list.

C

·
0 Posts
i lost drive today and got towed home and checked the drives, the drive is going round
but not moving at the hub. the cv joint is gone:rant:
i will order a new one in the morning and have it in my hand that evening.
that thing to do on the ever ending list.
I think you might mean drive shaft? In which case you may want to find out if its the inner or outer CV joint that has broken.

You may find that its not the drive shaft that has failed. A loss of drive could also be caused by problem with the clutch or the diffrential.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you might mean drive shaft? In which case you may want to find out if its the inner or outer CV joint that has broken.

You may find that its not the drive shaft that has failed. A loss of drive could also be caused by problem with the clutch or the diffrential.
it is the outer cv joint that has gone and there was a bit of noise all right. i can let out the clutch and the drive goes round, but a crunching sound from the outer cv joint.
cv joint ordered today and i need a outer and inner boots which i will have later on today,
so will be back on the road tomorrow and replace the strut and hub and lower arm when i am
at it.:cry:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

fitted the new cv joint and lower arm, strut almost finish.
it is a real pig to do the bottom arm, but now i know i can do it and i will be ready for the
other side and ARB bushes is next.:thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts