Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent all day yesterday doing a document on Word 2007 about CoS for work on a contract.
Difficult document to do as it's not something I have ever covered before but I said I'd give it a go. Managed to get a name that can assist me to look over and give me a few pointers and all I had to do was send it over.
Herecomes the problem. I go to save the document and up pops the screen saying that a problem has occured and Word is attempting to recover and will send to an error to Microsoft. I wait for the report to be sent and Word to close down and open up.
When it does the document is the one I had been working on last week. Nothing I had done and saved was there.
Apart from crying and throwing laptop out window, I checked all the settings regarding autorecover etc then turned the fecker off.
Today I have had to report the fact to my manager and spent 2 hrs with IT checking every freaking corner to find my doc.
So I'm now having to sit down and do the document again which I am not looking forward to.:rant:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
I hate computers, I'd fix it with a hammer !

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The screen got punched last night, then when I got home I kicked the cat, battered the wife and shouted dogs abuse at my 3 year old daughter. All in all a great way to de-stress!

(The de-stressing bit did not actually happen)

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
should have pressed save earlier. had this happen too many times i now save every 15mins without fail, stupid things:rant:

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
I feel for you. Had it happen to me - usually with CAD drawings. Luckily every move made in AutoCAD is recorded in a hidden file and by changing the file extension you can get most of it back.

What I found very annoying though, was last week coming to open a file stored on our server only to find that it now has a filesize of 0Kb and cannot be opened by anything. That's truely gone. :rant:

·
0 Posts
That's a bummer Alfamack :( - It's hard to find the same inspiration, to 'duplicate' the same work

I hear ya Bobda - my AutoCAD autosaves every couple of minutes now :eek:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I work in Publications, and we avoid Word like the plague. It was only ever designed to do small docs, anything larger than about 50 pages and it falls over more than I've been doing in this durn snow.
Prefer to use Framemaker - and even thats not perfect, but at least it saves a rescue file before quitting.

·
Registered
154 Posts
A few years ago I had some cast-iron guttering to dump. Just before me someone had dumped an old CRT screen.
Very de-stressing bringing the gutters and screen together, rapidly.

Childish? Me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts