Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2016 mito progression which I love but from day one the pocket to the right of the steering wheel (below the start stop and light adjustment buttons) has been flappy. Every time I pull away, or accelerate hard, it falls open. Does anyone else have this problem?

Second issue, a couple of days ago when I was driving over a speed bump I heard a knocking noise on the passenger side. It sounds like it's coming from the front. It only happens if I'm going over a bump or on really uneven ground. We've had a look and there's nothing obviously hanging down anywhere and the suspension looks intact. There's no pulling from the steering and the knocking isn't constant.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I am guessing you are referring to the fuse box cover , i.e the cover beneath all the buttons here http://www.morgan-autosalvage.co.uk/assets/img/generated-pages/3445/image-07.jpg

When I was buying a MiTo for my sister, there were lots of these broken and hanging open. I would suggest that as your car is so new that Alfa will just replace it with another.

In terms of knocking, it could be one of the suspension mounts or bushes with a bit of play in it. Back to Alfa that goes as well

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Knocking will be droplinks most likely. Treat them as consumables - around £9 each and a DIY fix with a jack and a decent socket set.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The drawer falling open has not been raised for a few years now. The closing spring can fall out altogether and be in footwell, or maybe one end loose? Pull out WHOLE panel and bend spring ends more sharply. However why not let dealer sort out first. Fuse box is behind glovebox on passenger side despite what handbook says.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Am going back to dealer tomorrow, just wanted to check that aren't 'known' major issues. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
knocking sound at the front could be the drop links - just changed mine today
However your car is brand new being 2016. It could be the dealers may have left the rubber packing on the suspension springs - sometimes they forget to remove them. They are fitted during transportation, stops the cars bouncing up and down too much on the trailer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts