Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone tell me what this wire/cable does? You're looking at the front shock there, and the cable comes from out of the back of the bundle of wires coming from the brake caliper and looks like it should connect to the clip but obviously is not connetced at the moment.

Looks like may be abs related? I havent had the need to test whether the abs actually works yet bu the warning light is not on.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Looks like the wear indicator wire.

If there's a wire coming out of one of the pads the wire in the photo should be connected to it.

Although it's difficult to tell from the picture, but it looks as though the wear indicator may have pulled out of the pad. If that's the case there won't be a wire coming out of one of the pads. Look at the pad edges & you'll see a hole in one of them, if so, push the wear indicator back in - a dab of Araldite will keep in in place.

There's always the possibility that replacement pads without wear indicators have been fitted, in which case the wire is redundant.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I would say the wire is connected at the pad/caliper, it then goes up from there and the end you can see looks like it should go into the clip that can just be made out in the background of the photo, about an inch above where the wire ends. hard to make out as everything seems to be the same dirt colour! Wear sensor makes sense though.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
looks like it should go into the clip that can just be made out in the background of the photo, about an inch above where the wire ends.
Looking at it again, I think you're right - looks like the wire from the pad which has just become disconnected.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, well I will spray a bit of wd40 on it, stick it back in and see what happens, hopefully it doesn't set the abs light off which was my main concern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts