Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Bought a 3.0 1996 recently and I’m going through all the quirks and faults that a car this old obviously has. The electric window on driver side (lhd) didn’t work so I bought a second hand motor which didn’t fit because my car is older. Nevertheless I checked the connector again just to make sure there was current but there wasn’t this time. Located the problem to the round multi plug that connects the door electrics with rest of the car. When I wiggle it the window works just fine, but it loses connection again quite fast. Tried electronic cleaner but that didn’t help. The fit is ok but I think it should screw on tighter. It’s like all the small pins don’t reach all the way into the holes. Is this a known issue and are there any solutions other than replacing the whole lot?

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
There was a post recently about this and it was traced to the wiring inside and behind the carpet near the front of the door being pulled slighly. That caused the pins to pull out just a touch.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Sounds like this could be the solution for my car. Will check this out tomorrow.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No luck with the pins I’m afraid... can make it work intermittently when wiggeling the loom further away from the connector. Anyone have the diagram for this wiring loom? Driver side door?

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
When you say driver side door do you mean left-hand side as here in the UK driver side is in the right side?

Here are shots of the pages needed. You'll have do a mosaic as 1 shot wouldn't give sufficient detail.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
One more, for some reason won't allow to do more than one at a time!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
I have a complete hard copy of the manuals which I bought at the same time as when I got my GTV in 2001. They are available online and one place to see them is on Totally Alfa's site as downloads and there's a lot of them! I prefer paper for this sort of thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts