Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on their website, now looks like they do only a few select brands. shame. great product!

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
Bluespark still do them, they seem pretty decent and good value.

Bluespark Automotive Performance Diesel Chips | Improve Power and MPG with our Tuning Boxes

Doesn't really make sense as to why Spider stopped doing them, especially as the development was already done.

Maybe they still have a few that they could sell if you emailed them?

I suppose plenty of people are going to be dissaponted with their new emission compliant VAG cars so will be in the market for a tuning box, but why stop selling the ones already developed?

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke to Spider this morning and they have confirmed they will be still supplying tuning boxes for all makes :D

they are having a revamp of the website but you can call and order

:thumbs:

·
Registered
9 Posts
The website is up and running again. I just ordered an imode tuning box for my GQV. The prices have increased from a few months ago (£400 to £450) but the alfaowner discount code brings it down to £315 which is a bit cheaper than before. £324 iirc

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
Looks like they now only list the more expensive boxes.

As far as boxes go they are pretty good, but they are now more expensive than a remap and most people would agree that a remap is a better tuning solution.

Plus there are other decent tuning boxes out there for less.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The discount code offered on this forum makes them cheaper than a before their website was updated. I spoke to someone there and they still sell the microboxes too.
As my gqv is still under warranty, I would rather have something I can unplug like this box than get my car remapped.

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
The discount code offered on this forum makes them cheaper than a before their website was updated. I spoke to someone there and they still sell the microboxes too.
As my gqv is still under warranty, I would rather have something I can unplug like this box than get my car remapped.
That is good to know. There was a point where they were selling their standard boxes for £140 after discount but that didn't last for long.

I can understand why you would go for a tuning box in your circumstances, same if your car was leased or was a company car.

But the remap does the job of improving the performance better if you are able to have one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts