Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I may have to sell my 156 GTA after almost 3 years of great motoring:(

Wife being made redundant in February and I get a new company car next month. With only one salary coming in and me being the only driver, I can't afford or justify keeping it any longer as it has only ever been a weekend car.

I'm thinking it would be best to sell now as if I leave it too close to Christmas it may be hard to shift. It has done 60k, had cambelt, waterpump, plugs etc done at around 50k. Q2 and last service by Autolusso in Feb/Mar. Ned said it was one of the better examples he has seen. Most major items have been replaced such as wishbones, anti-rollbar, radiator, brakes. Airconditioning working perfectly. Bodywork generally in good condition for age. Very slight sign of rust on one wing in the usual place but only just visible on very close inspection.

What I want to know is what do you think is a fair price? Don't want to ask £7k and have it hanging around but don't want to let it go too cheap. Would I get genuine interest and a quick sale for £5.5k or would that still be asking too much in the current climate?
Opinions please.
Of course I will check and recheck my finances before I make the final decision:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Good mileage and history with Q2 so should sell well - others looking for more with higher mileages.

If you have to let it go and want a quick sale then I am sure you will get that - maybe advertise a bit higher keeping your lowest figure in mind, most like a wee haggle!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having to sell.

Nice colour and had the important bits done, so I wouldn't hesitate charging at least £6.5K. There is quite a bit of competition out there though.

Persoally I'd rather the car was for sale for longer and it went to the right person at the right price, but I understand a lot of people just don't have that luxury. :(

G

·
0 Posts
Simple answer is to check the market. There are quite a few for sale at the moment so you can see what the competition is. You need to pitch yours to sell it, so make sure when everyone compares it to all the others on P'heads it looks reasonably priced and makes them inquire about it - you want to get people to come and see it.

Cheers,

Nigel

A

·
0 Posts
Good luck with the sale and definately the best colour.

I've just picked up a GTA sportwagon for a very keen price. I was looking for approx 4-5 weeks. Most cars I looked at are still for sale as there is a huge dip in the market for performance cars at the moment.

Ben

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thinking I'll go for a competitive price to sell.
Don't want to spend ages waiting for the phone to ring and don't want to prolong the pain:rolleyes:

Will give it a good going over at the weekend as I've been away recently and it has been a bit neglected in the cleaning department.

Maybe I'll come into some money and it won't have to go.....

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Yet another for sale. This is getting silly. Good colour tho!
Yeah been thinking that too. Not criticising anyone though as everyone who has been selling has a good reason to and unfortunate circumstances. Almost feel like it would be easier for those not selling to start topics at the moment :(

Good luck with the sale. I held onto my GTA barely when I was made redundant twice a couple of years ago. Prices were rock bottom then as well like they are now so I am glad I kept it (although the to sell if I wanted to was definitely 2010).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts