Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....from the dark side.

I was on here a couple of months ago when looking at getting either another BMW (320d SE) or Alfa 1.9JTDm.

My decision at the time was the BMW mainly on the fact that the mpg is much better.

It turns out that my company are changing the mileage claims and whereby I used to pay and then claim for business mileage costs they are changing this.

I'll be paying for fuel by company card and then getting billed 12ppm for personal mileage regardless of mpg etc.

Looks like the perfect excuse to get an Alfa - unless you can think of any reasons I shouldn't

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Yes - Go for it and enjoy :)

I do like the look and basic idea of some BMW's but can never bring myself to walk away from Alfa! They have always done me proud :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I can think of a reason not to buy an Alfa.

It's.....erm............

......................errrr.............

ahhh................

No. It's gone. ;)

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
What you will notice from a 3....

The 3 is a bit bigger inside, but much duller than a 159.

You WILL use a bit more fuel!

The seats are a lot better than the BMW's

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Alfa, Alfa, Alfa..............:cool:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
and you can find it in the car park :D
:lol:

I stopped at a well know supermarket yesterday and there were 5 Silver BMW's all in a perfect line.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm in exactly the same boat. I've had 3 years in a 320D and it's time to swap. I had a 159SW on loan this week so the comparison is fresh in my mind. I have to say the engine in the 320D is miles smoother and quieter than the 1.9JTDm - it seemed really easy to get stuck in the wrong gear in the Alfa and get nowhere fast, then there would be a big surge of power.

However...
If all I have to do is a change gear a little more often then I think it's a price worth paying for...

1. Not driving a BMW (hate the drivers - have you sat in a BMW waiting area for servicing - really dull people inhabit that place)
2. Alfa seats are WAY better
3. Alfa interior is WAY better (e.g. stereo controls and dash layout)
4. Alfa says Giri instead of revs - how cool is that ;-)
5. BMW boot is appalling - I just had a hyundai accent saloon as a hire car and it took all my luggage by my 3 series saloon wouldn't
6. I had more looks (from both sexes) in 24 hrs driving the Alfa than in 3 years driving a BMW
7. Oh and not seeing that ugly beast of a car on my driveway would be bliss

Roll on first Alfa. Just wish they could have got the new FIAT diesel engines into the 159 in time for me (the ones that have just gone into the Lancia Delta).

·
Registered
155 Posts
7. Oh and not seeing that ugly beast of a car on my driveway would be bliss
:cheese: Priceless!!!

Seriously though, not sure if this is really the place to get impartial advice, try asking the same question on a BMW forum and see what response you get!! (might be interesting actually).

However (there's always a however), in March I was looking at:

a 3-series coupe
a C-Class saloon
or an Alfa 159.....

Came away with a Brera!! :lol: :rolleyes:

K

·
0 Posts
if they are charging you the same price for private mileage get the 3.2 petrol :lol:

A

·
0 Posts
oh yeah, don't forget to tint the windows black unless your willing to put up with constant on lookers admiring your bella. :p

A

·
0 Posts
:cheese: Priceless!!!

Seriously though, not sure if this is really the place to get impartial advice, try asking the same question on a BMW forum and see what response you get!! (might be interesting actually).

However (there's always a however), in March I was looking at:

a 3-series coupe
a C-Class saloon
or an Alfa 159.....

Came away with a Brera!! :lol: :rolleyes:

bmw forums most popular threads are suicide, divorce, and the stock market. :lol: :cheese: :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts