Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just looks to perfect, I spoke to the sales guy today and he said it was purchased from a dealer who did'nt want it (probably after trade-in). The paint just looks so fresh, has someone bought it already? I won't bother seeing it if so! Probably snapped up like the white one the other day. Seems a bargain, even with 3 month warranty!...here it is

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
looks like that crack runs trough the bumper:( other than that it looks stunning:D

photos hide lots of things though;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was one of the "100s" who had enquired about your white one. I think the sales rep. gave up answering the phone, since it took so long to get through, he reckoned he should have asked more for it !!!. The wheels look a bit... but seems you got a good one there. Will be interesting to follow your experiences.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, the demand for it was completely ridiculous! Even when I was there looking at the car, his phone was ringing all the time and someone else even turned up! That was awkward.:eek: Yeah, the wheels are so-so 'cos it's a Lusso, but I've bought a set of the 16" telephone dial ones off a Veloce from eBay. Should be a massive improvement in both looks and handling!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Looks very clean and shiny:). Don't stare at the paint to long or you'll forget to check the mechanical and electrical bits.:rolleyes:

Have you bought it or still looking?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never went there today, but with fresh eyes and seeing red, I bought a very similar 156, yr. 98, which popped up on autotrader this morning. By this evening it has now disappeared again!!! A quick burn over to Autolusso revealed the extent of wear and tear, so armed with list of probs I got £200 knocked off. Bargain...I hope...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cool! Nice one. I think I'll take mine to Autolusso for the once over sometime. Seen on their website they do it for free on a Saturday, so it'd be rude not to! Get some pics up when you can.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well she still looks as nice as yesterday, sorry no pictures, but it's the red with 16" teledials. Problems found so far.

1 - Tracking out, 2 new tyres required on front, plus one rear tyre
2 - new upper wishbone required
3 - new rear brake pads
4 - whole gear stick came off in my hand on test drive, the spring retainer for reverse and the whole plastic sheath for the stick. Unable to select 6th or reverse, 5th bit difficult (notch seems nearer to 3rd than 1st-3rd distance)
5 - clutch has high bite point...though after driving for 50+ miles, it seemed to drop the bite angle slightly, self levelling perhaps in force!
6 - needs new coolant temp sensor
minor issues regarding the normal fuel guage needle and airbag lights, creaking dash and so on..

My GT will soon be marketed by Autolusso, watch out for it. They have done all the work to it to my exacting standards and requests and deserve to market their hallmark quality of work.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sounds nice and nothing too major to get sorted.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:) Finally got some pictures. She had an incident with a crater sized pot hole on way home from work this week so have already tried the spacesaver! No engine pics, needs a real clean. Also must need a service soon, though all the fluids are topped up. I need a new thermostat (only reaches 90 when stationary) plus there's some knocking in the front suspension, I think its ARB or droplinks. Had a peek at the cambelt and all looks well, but I guess you can never tell. The rear doors sound like they will fall off, but o\w it's a fairly tidy example I think :)

alfa 7_8_side.jpg

alfa_0_front.jpg

alfa_boot.jpg

156_3_4 front.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts