Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Final Result

Hi guys,

First post here, but thought I’d get into it!

I’ve had my Giulietta for a year now and I’ve always considered fitting a dual exhaust, but never known where to start.

I’ve done a bit of research and spoken to some dealers, and the “twin exhaust” sold by alfa is appears to be a dummy and does nothing except looks for the car.

So what I’m looking for is some advice on where I should look to find all the parts I need, any processes it needs to go through and any advice from people who have been through this process before!

I’ve never done any modding on a car so please bare with me as I try to understand it all!

All advice will be appreciated!

Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. However, I have already done so and the only thread that came up is titled “Brera details”. Now doing the same search for “Giulietta dual exhaust” there are two threads, the second one being this one.

Thanks though

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I found that. However, everything else I found says that it was just a dummy pipe.

Can you confirm that yours is fully connected to the exhaust system and spews out fumes the same as the default left hand one?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One thread is
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/270782-twin-exhaust-tail-pipes-9.html

Also, do not buy from Gazzella as they have a bad reputation as reflected by a thread on here a while back.
I guess twin/dual seem to be very interchangeable? Is there a general agreement as to what is considered twin and what is dual?

Cheers mate, I've replied to that now, to see what hes got!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not quite sure of the fitting options, but by chance I saw a Giulietta on a dealers web site with an Ascari system (UK), and then saw another with a Magneti Marelli "Portello" Bombardone SS900 R (European car, exhaust might need importing)...

·
Registered
35,189 Posts
I think Ascari is the brand name for things like this from Veloces?

Twin is when they're together and dual is one on each side?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So after a long delay due to varying circumstances, I've come back to getting an exhaust. Also getting a remap exhaust/air filter install.

Looking at the following Ragazzon from alfisti.net

Ragazzon H2-Line Stainless Steel Rear Pipe

If anyone has any opinions on this, please comment!

Also still can't decide which tailpipes to go for

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Definitely loud, and in most places illegal......
Note that the 1.4MA also has TWO mid mufflers mounted.

I have the H2 with mufflers Alfa Giulietta Ragazzon Edelstahl Sportschalldämpfer - Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos

And this pipe Alfa Giulietta Ragazzon Edelstahl Flexrohr - Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos
in place of the first mid muffler.

Great deep sound just at the legal limit.
Yeah, I contacted the guys managing the webstore and they claimed you can hear it at over 1 mile away. Seems exaggerated to me, especially when it also says it only makes serious noise when you put the engine under load.

I listened to the exhaust on a video with the same spec G and it didnt seem loud. There are plenty of cars on the road (super cars/subarus/modded cars etc) which are all legal in the UK, which smash past the legal limit. Also asked the owner of the video and he said he never had any issues with it. Plus the description says "The sound intensity of this pipe can be compared to a 147 GTA, 156 GTA or GT V6". My uncle had a 147 for years and never encountered an issue regarding sound.

This has been my main cause for concern, but I've come to the conclusion that it's such a grey area over here for cops that they'll only ticket you if theyve pulled you over for something else. e.g. street racing.

Didn't know there were 2 mufflers though, thanks for that info!

·
Registered
35,189 Posts
As well as sheer decibels you need to consider the frequency of the noise. I say this because I had a Lancia Delta HPE and had a custom stainless system made to replace the std mild steel exhaust and the new system had a boom at the cruising speed on an A road and this kind of spoilt the car on my commute. There’s a lot to be said for the mild steel OEM parts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As well as sheer decibels you need to consider the frequency of the noise. I say this because I had a Lancia Delta HPE and had a custom stainless system made to replace the std mild steel exhaust and the new system had a boom at the cruising speed on an A road and this kind of spoilt the car on my commute. There’s a lot to be said for the mild steel OEM parts.
Hadn't thought about that. I translated the 3 reviews for the exhaust on the website and the consensus seems to be that it gives it a nice purr without being loud and annoying when you're just cruising or stuck in traffic.

I do like the stock exhaust, but I feel it could still be improved on, in addition to the second tailpipe which will finish off the rear aesthetics nicely.

The guys at alfisi also operate a decent returns period if I do decide I'm not a fan of the noise. Will confirm before purchase, but it gives me a safety net if turns out to be too much.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts