Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alri,
im 19 yrs old and am currently looking to buy a second hand alfa 147, (probably 01,02) and i figured i would see if anyone has any general comments/ oppinions on buying a second hand 147.

i will also be looking to do some modifications to the car aswell (sound system, lowering, aftermarket alloys etc.) so any helpful advice in this area would also be much appreciated:thumbs:

cheers

·
Registered
656 Posts
check servicing is up to scratch, all electrics work, any unusual knocking sounds,oil levels. Front wishbones are prone to fail so check them.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
biggy here ,check to see if you can get and afford insurance first
i second that, Alfa's tend to be quite high on the insurance scale, especially for a new driver and if thinking about modding there's going to be very very limited choices when it comes to insurance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alri,
yeh i have checked insurance and it actually works out cheaper than my current policy which is on a polo 1.4 (only in Ireland!! haha)

thanks guys anyway for the advice, much apreciatied

·
Registered
10 Posts
check the usual stuff, but listen out for any beeping or any alerts or problems on the display. electrical probs I've had a few of, but take yr time and maybe drop it into yr mechanic b4 purchase. . . . got back from Dublin last week, such a laugh, propper job!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts